NBA Finals Discussion (Nuggets vs. Heat)

16 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

If Butler is "On" this could be a fun series.

However if Murray stays hot, the Nuggets could win in 4 or 5 games.

Butler doesn’t have a choice but to be on. He needs 30+ a game for them to have even a chance. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

I've gotta say the Nuggets will win this series going away.  I predict a 5 game "gentleman's sweep."

I've had a strange feeling that we'll get a shocking Game 1 victory by the Heat - a la Iverson's Sixers in 2001 - and then a four game run by Denver.

• Like 2

The Nuggets rolled in Game 1, 104-93. They got up by 21 in the third quarter and eased their way home. Miami cut it to 10 late in the 4th, but were never much of a threat as Jokic and company put it out of reach. Jokic somehow dominated the first half only taking three shots. But his pinpoint passing and 10 first half assists ultimately set the tone for how this game would go. The Joker finished with 27 points, 10 rebounds, and 14 assists without breaking much of a sweat. I know many will say Miami missed a lot of open looks... and they did (but will probably fail to acknowledge they averaged less than any team in the NBA al season), but Denver wasn't exactly setting the world on fire going 8-27 from deep. Miami will adjust, I just do not see this being a good matchup for the Heat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

The Nuggets rolled in Game 1, 104-93. They got up by 21 in the third quarter and eased their way home. Miami cut it to 10 late in the 4th, but were never much of a threat as Jokic and company put it out of reach. Jokic somehow dominated the first half only taking three shots. But his pinpoint passing and 10 first half assists ultimately set the tone for how this game would go. The Joker finished with 27 points, 10 rebounds, and 14 assists without breaking much of a sweat. I know many will say Miami missed a lot of open looks... and they did (but will probably fail to acknowledge they averaged less than any team in the NBA al season), but Denver wasn't exactly setting the world on fire going 8-27 from deep. Miami will adjust, I just do not see this being a good matchup for the Heat.

Jokic is so much fun to watch. He has such a different and efficient game.

Huge bounce back win for the Heat last night. Out of the gate you could tell Denver was not ready for the intensity of the game. They regrouped and roared back taking a 15 point lead, and even led by eight going into the final quarter. But Miami, statistically, posted one of the most efficient quarters in NBA history and hung on for a three point victory. Spoelstra is so good.