Open Job: Beechwood

theguru

4 minutes ago, Buck2 said:

Kentucky Teachers do not get Social Security.  You are right though with it changing your retirement if you teach at a private vs public school. 

Well I hate to tell you you are wrong but you are. I receive Kentucky Teachers Retirement and since I worked in other situations pre and post retirement from public education I most certainly do receive Social Security....but it is reduced and if I pre-decease my wife she receives no benefits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Well I hate to tell you you are wrong but you are. I receive Kentucky Teachers Retirement and since I worked in other situations pre and post retirement from public education I most certainly do receive Social Security....but it is reduced and if I pre-decease my wife she receives no benefits.

Which makes sense you are drawing it on an outside source. Not your teacher pension. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buck2 said:

Kentucky Teachers do not get Social Security.  You are right though with it changing your retirement if you teach at a private vs public school. 

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

Just to be clear, the teachers opted out of social security and do not pay into it, correct?

Correct, and they don’t “just not get it.” Retire early and work/pay into it long enough and you can still draw. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Buck2 said:

Agreed on the fact they can may find a better coach, but seems like you’re taking a shot at Wynn. Looks like he’s won at two schools who haven’t won a bunch before he got there and just went to the state semis. He is doing something right IMO. 

No shot being taken, just believe he will not be in same ballpark as those who apply for this job. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

My guess is based on your pushing this is you have more of a personal tie to the coach mentioned much more than Conch is - in any way (which I don't think he is at all btw) - taking a shot. 

Put simply, the mentioned coach - regardless of his qualifications, which are most definitely there, but with lesser programs and for short periods of time - would be dwarfed by the accomplishments/status/clout of other coaches that would apply or be sought out by the Beechwood team in charge of this search. 

To keep it simpler - big difference between up and coming and accomplished/long term success. Also, Nick Saban vs. Doug Belk or Mike Houston. Who would you hire if you were Florida's AD? Do you know who Belk or Houtston are...probably not without googling. Both those guys are OUTSTANDING up and comers in the NCAA, but no one with knowledge would argue they'd have a shot at an elite program's head coaching job if bangers like Saban or other big well known successful names keep calling.

Conch wasn't taking a shot, because he knows the mentioned coach is a REALLY good coach, just not in the same ballpark as those that will be in the running. 

Bingo. 

10 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Correct, and they don’t “just not get it.” Retire early and work/pay into it long enough and you can still draw. 

If you work in public education in KY as a certified employee you have no option.

42 minutes ago, 9068 said:

So is there a situation at Cov Cath driving that interest? I realize both probably pay more but Cov Caths drop to 4A will make a deep playoff run a bit easier. Of course Moeller is Moeller. Different football than NKY. The Beechwood job is a good one....but better than Cov Cath? Easier playoff road??

Interesting times in Park Hills.

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

If you work in public education in KY as a certified employee you have no option.

You absolutely do. You just have to work long enough in other employment to draw. You don’t simply give it up all together.

You’ll never work long enough for a full draw but you can get it.

12 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

You absolutely do. You just have to work long enough in other employment to draw. You don’t simply give it up all together.

Just realized you already know this. You posted nearly the same thing earlier lol.

Back to the thread, if I'm Beechwood, I'm gauging EE’s interests before I do anything. I’m making it clear to him I’m doing so.

11 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

If you work as a certified employee you must pay into KTRS. I always did other things while teaching and worked after retirement in a position where I paid much more in Social Security tax. You are correct. You receive some of your benefit.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 2:01 PM, FrankNicodemus said:

2 NKY guys that might be on the list that BW will either call or they will call BW will be:

Coach Lickert

Coach Barth

just throwing it out there.....

I think Lickert is a great guy, and has tons of experience but I don’t think his resume gets it done here.

NKY rumors flew about being sick of parents (understandable) and wanting to win titles (also understandable) when he left CC for NCC. They’ve not sniffed the game, let alone won one. That won’t cut it at BW.

I feel like Barth’s resume may be better in terms of doing more with less, but that falls short of what they will expect as well, IMO.

I think both could have success there, but won’t get the chance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Just realized you already know this. You posted nearly the same thing earlier lol.

Back to the thread, if I'm Beechwood, I'm gauging EE’s interests before I do anything. I’m making it clear to him I’m doing so.

Quoting and chastising yourself, I love it, lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I think Lickert is a great guy, and has tons of experience but I don’t think his resume gets it done here.

NKY rumors flew about being sick of parents (understandable) and wanting to win titles (also understandable) when he left CC for NCC. They’ve not sniffed the game, let alone won one. That won’t cut it at BW.

I feel like Barth’s resume may be better in terms of doing more with less, but that falls short of what they will expect as well, IMO.

I think both could have success there, but won’t get the chance.

I think a lot of coaches could be successful there.....but it's tough to follow a guy that had a run like Noel had or Dale Mueller had at Highlands. Good is just not good enough. In those programs anything short of the big trophy is viewed as failure whether the fan base wants to admit it or not. Sometimes the opponent is just BETTER. Sometimes your talent is just not as DEEP. Time, place, and people are huge in coaching.

• Like 3