Open Job: Beechwood

theguru

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Contact: Zach Wells Marketing and Communications 513.289.6362 zachwells33@gmail.com

BEECHWOOD HEAD FOOTBALL COACH NOEL RASH RETIRES FROM TIGER PROGRAM One of the most successful football coaches in the history of Kentucky high school athletics and a highly-respected mentor at Beechwood High School, Noel Rash announced on Monday, February 13th that he will retire from his position as the Tigers' varsity football coach due to the ideal timing in his career and for health reasons. “I want everyone to know that nothing is drastically wrong with me health-wise. But the time and stress involved in coaching football can take its toll and I want to make wellness a priority in this next phase of my life,” said Rash. Rash joined the program as an assistant coach in 2000, was promoted to head coach in 2006 and took the championship pedigree that predecessors Bernie Barre and Mike Yeagle established in Fort Mitchell to new heights. In the seventeen seasons that Rash wore the visor as head coach, from 2006-2022, the Tigers won an astounding 200 games and eight state championships, including a three-peat in Class 2A in 2020, 2021 and 2022. Rash placed a premium on developing young men and using football as a vehicle to instill life lessons that his players still implement well into adulthood. “I am just overwhelmed with gratitude because Beechwood means so very much to me and my family. I love it here,” said Rash. “To everyone who has been associated with and supported our program, thank you. And especially to the wonderful players I’ve coached—you all are amazing. We created great memories on the field. But watching the impact you’ve had long after leaving Beechwood is the true measurement of our success together.” Rash held a team meeting on Monday morning, February 13th to let his players and coaches know, in-person, that the time is right for him to step away to focus on his health. “Coach Rash galvanized an entire community to rally around a special group of young people every fall during football season,” said Justin Kaiser ’98, the principal at Beechwood High School. “Beechwood football is more than a program or individual, it is a culture of commitment, sacrifice, and brotherhood that Coach Rash inherited and enhanced in his time here. Combine that with an incredibly successful run as head coach, for mentoring our student-athletes the right way, and for representing Beechwood in a first-class manner on and off the field - you have a coach that ventures into legendary status. Coach has solidified that legendary status over the past 20 years.” Kaiser added that Coach Rash and his staff are leaving the program in great shape, with a pipeline of talented and hard-working players coming through the ranks. “Although you can never replace the person, we must fill the position.” Kaiser plans to post the position immediately to find a coach that will “build upon that culture of brotherhood” and lead the Tigers into the next chapter of Beechwood football. Coach Rash departs with nothing but fond memories of his time on the sidelines in Fort Mitchell. He also plans on staying in his role as a social studies teacher. “There is nowhere quite like Beechwood. The Friday nights are special, and so too is the community support of everything that goes on at school, both academically and with extracurricular activities. I am so humbled to have been part of such a special place.” Coach Rash added a parting statement. “Beechwood is my home and without these players and families, we don’t accomplish any of this.” Media Availability: Beechwood High School Cafeteria Monday, February 13, 2023 4:00pm Coach Noel Rash, selected players and administrators will be available to meet with the media. Due to construction on-campus, please enter through the front doors at Beechwood Elementary School and we will guide you to the cafeteria.

• Thanks 2

One of the best in the state to ever do it. Wasn’t just coaching football for Rash, he cared about producing great young men for the community first. Sad to see him go, but wish him the best in his future endeavors and his health. He will be missed, visor, giddy up, and all. CSB. 

• Like 3

He is a great guy and certainly deserves some relaxation.  Big shoes to fill.

I remember when Bernie Barre left, I thought no one could be any better.  Then came Mike Yeagle and I thought the same thing when he left.  Now I feel that way about Noel.  Hopefully the program will continue to grow and succeed.

• Like 7

Congratulations Coach on your retirement & for an absolutely stellar career! Without question, one of the best to ever do it & truly a great man, mentor & human being. Thank you Coach for your tremendously positive impact you had not only on my son while he played for you, but also my daughter who you taught as well. You will be deeply missed, but couldn't be happy for you & Julie. Enjoy your retirement, sir! You certainly have earned it!

Rash.jpg

• Like 7