Scott names Jake Owens Head Coach - Owens resigned

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I believe most of the staff quit at the end of the season.

Aside from Coach Turner's two sons who were on staff who I'm just guessing wouldn't be coming back, I'm not aware of any other coaches that quit. At least two applied for the HC job. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Aside from Coach Turner's two sons who were on staff who I'm just guessing wouldn't be coming back, I'm not aware of any other coaches that quit. At least two applied for the HC job. 

Thanks for clarifying that. I heard from a few different people (albeit mostly rumor mill) that most of Coach Turner's staff quit, and that led to his stepping down.

25 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Also, come to think of it, how long is a relocation going to take? It could be another month before he’s able to be present at off season workouts.

If he’s good, it will be worth it. If he’s not, I’m sure some parents will logically complain. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheConch said:

Fresh face is what they needed, and you’re spot on. You have to wonder if he will bring back most of the staff because of the lack of connections. 

I don't think most of the Staff would be back after the fall out the past few seasons. I know of maybe 2 that could come back. Also that the Scott Principal was at North Oldham as AD and/or a football coach at one time. I believe this helped in this hiring process.  

Some find this hire to be a quality one but I like to look back further. He comes from Florida where he has no connection to the community or the area other than the bengals. You then add in his two head coaching stops where he has a losing record. Also the fact he was the head coach of one program and took a leave just to be an assistant the next year at another school screams red flag to me. I don’t know the candidates but from what I’ve followed from the search on here it sounded like they had better qualified coaches in the area. Either he knows someone in the district or they saw a Florida coach and thought it has to be better because it’s Florida. We will see but not a fan. And if the rumors of the mason county coach applying are true then I’m puzzled. Just took a look at his record at mason and to me that would have been the slam dunk hire. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buck2 said:

Some find this hire to be a quality one but I like to look back further. He comes from Florida where he has no connection to the community or the area other than the bengals. You then add in his two head coaching stops where he has a losing record. Also the fact he was the head coach of one program and took a leave just to be an assistant the next year at another school screams red flag to me. I don’t know the candidates but from what I’ve followed from the search on here it sounded like they had better qualified coaches in the area. Either he knows someone in the district or they saw a Florida coach and thought it has to be better because it’s Florida. We will see but not a fan. And if the rumors of the mason county coach applying are true then I’m puzzled. Just took a look at his record at mason and to me that would have been the slam dunk hire. 

I hate to be negative but I also thought his "rolling stone" nature was a red flag.  We don't know the details but that is a lot of moving around.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Buck2 said:

My exact thoughts. 

• theguru changed the title to Scott names Jake Owens Head Coach - Owens resigned
  • theguru locked this topic