Scott names Jake Owens Head Coach - Owens resigned

22 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This 100% supports the exact point I was making. You make out Scott to be so bad for so long that it's not likely that they could improve to compete on a higher level....yet you're a Simon Kenton fan, a team that was the absolute worst of the worst in Northern Kentucky for literal decades, and they seem to have found better footing.

Why do you think Simon Kenton could do it but Scott isn't likely to?

Also, excuse me for laughing at someone who hangs their hat on how their team performed against another one in a preseason scrimmage. It's always amazed me that people do that.

At times, I wonder if certain SK posters are old enough to remember those years. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • theguru changed the title to Scott names Jake Owens Head Coach - Owens resigned
2 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

What in the world could lead to a resignation three weeks before the season starts?!!? 

I am not sure beyond wanting to go back to the Sunshine State.  I am sure there will be more info on it soon.

1 hour ago, BrosefStalin said:

What in the world could lead to a resignation three weeks before the season starts?!!? 

Go back and look at my post from when this guy was hired. I would imagine the job was not what he thought it would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breds82 said:

Something drastic or a 1000% can't pass up opportunity had to happen, right? 

If you're an athletic administrator or principal what message are you getting when a guy does this to come to your school? I'd be a bit apprehensive about his idea of commitment. Perhaps it's a non football issue entirely. As I told another poster, go back and look at my post from when he was hired.

• Like 1