Jefferson County Public Schools "Test to Play" program

32 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Not only could it potentially mess over some of the JCPS schools & athletes, it could mess over schools and athletes that play them.  Imagine having to quarantine b/c you just played a JCPS school who just had some of their kids test positive?  I think it makes it to where many teams won't want to play them.

Right, think of it as a relationship with another human being, when they are unpredictable and have the ability to "bring you down" at any time it is best to cut them out of your life.  

Just now, BBN_34 said:

Oldham and Bullitt County schools are both very solid school systems. There’s no chance either district enacts a policy like this so I can see many families relocating to them.

Part of the reason they have good schools is 40+ years of white flight into their boundaries. The families that have moved have traditionally been wealthier and financial status almost always relates well to academic success. They won't enact similar policies because they know the people that are moving in are beneficial to their community and/or school, while those left behind in Jefferson County aren't.

• Like 4

I had no idea that every kid that wants to play a sport must get tested every week in Jeff Co?? I assumed it was like the "test to stay programs" that many of the school districts are offering now.  That may be the stupidest decision in the long string of stupid decisions thats been made by so called educated , smart people.  Another way to punish kids that want to play sports.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Right, think of it as a relationship with another human being, when they are unpredictable and have the ability to "bring you down" at any time it is best to cut them out of your life.  

But during the state playoffs/tournaments/meets you have to play those schools many times.

Well. If a certain head coach of a high profile basketball program hadn’t openly told his players “if you’re sick, stay home. But under no circumstances do you get tested”, this may have been avoidable. I’m sure he’s not the only one that has said this. 

1 minute ago, HoopJunkie said:

Well. If a certain head coach of a high profile basketball program hadn’t openly told his players “if you’re sick, stay home. But under no circumstances do you get tested”, this may have been avoidable. I’m sure he’s not the only one that has said this. 

I imagine that happened not just in JCPS but other areas too.

1 minute ago, HoopJunkie said:

If it is only a minor "sickness" then I agree with the coaches advice.  

And if we are going to shut down teams for COVID we should be doing it for the FLU too because they both kill children at a similar rate. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HoopJunkie said:

There have been a whole lot of coaches in a whole lot of sports tell their kids the exact same thing. 

On 10/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, theguru said:

This.

Get your kids out of JCPS and if you are the parent of an 8th grader or below make other plans for your children. 

I figured most people who can afford to send their kids to private schools or move out of th JCPS already do. I think most of the people still in JCPS probably don't have any other options.

2 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

I figured most people who can afford to send their kids to private schools or move out of th JCPS already do. I think most of the people still in JCPS probably don't have any other options.

Right, unfortunately most don't have options.

• Like 2

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

Right, unfortunately most don't have options.

Although, I just remembered this, the new law about kids going out of district is in effect, so parents don't have to move to in district to go there.

Transportation could be issued for some though.