Coaches having a great season

ChiefSmoke

6 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Nick Kemp at Graves County has had a pretty good start to his head coaching career.  Took over as an interim under pretty bad circumstances and has produced.  Graves was a top 10 team in 5A last year and many thought they would regress a lot this season and they are sitting at 6-1 ranked #5 in the AP and #7 on Bluegrass Preps.  

This is absolutely correct, Coach Kemp has definitely turned that program around, when it looked like the program may be dead in the water just a couple years ago. 

• Like 1

Coach Wallace is having his best year since being at St. X despite dealing with several injuries on defensive side of ball. Highest position in RPI as currently #1 and home field secured barring end of season collapse which I don't see with remaining schedule.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, xLAZYx said:

Coach Phelps turned around the Green Co program is very impressive. Looks as they lost some tanlet from seniors of last year. They won only one game last year.  There backfield is pretty stout. 

Colt Phelps has to be at the top of the list. He has won more games already this year than Green County won in their previous three seasons combined.

• Like 3

I know they just played each other, but both programs are doing well with new staffs: Oldham County and McBroom and Mad Central with Holcomb are both growing in the ranks of 6A. 

Ethan Atchley at Bullitt East has built a program when it wasn't much a few years ago.

Bryan Walker at Bethlem is flying under the radar right now as one of the states leading offenses in 1A. They've had two impressive wins the last two weeks.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueRaider said:

Bryan Walker at Bethlem is flying under the radar right now as one of the states leading offenses in 1A. They've had two impressive wins the last two weeks.  

I was going to say Coach Walker at Bethlehem as well BR!  

Also Coach Benton down in Russellville going 6-1 and playing a quality schedule.

No one does more with less than the 1A schools.  Lot of respect there!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Johnny_Utah said:

I'm really impressed on what Coach Hawkins has done with Bryan Station. 

Excellent choice. Station has been so up-and-down over the years; the right coach and they are deep playoff contenders, the wrong coach and they finish 1-9. Hawkins is clearly the right man for the job. The biggest thing will be keeping him, something else Station has sometimes struggled to do with their best coaches.

• Like 4

Murray (5-1) graduated one of their best senior class in the last 20 years.  Add the mess in the offseason where the previous coach left the program days before dead period.  Needless to say, the Tigers seemed to be in trouble.

Coach Bowling took over on day 1 after dead period.  He has implemented a new offense/defense and culture to the program.  With that being said, many of the older players decided not to continue due to his demands and accountability factor.  He currently starts as many as 9 sophomores 7 juniors.  Murray seems to be getting better and better as the season continues averaging 400+ on the ground.  I'd say Coach Bowling deserves to be in this conversation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Murray (5-1) graduated one of their best senior class in the last 20 years.  Add the mess in the offseason where the previous coach left the program days before dead period.  Needless to say, the Tigers seemed to be in trouble.

Coach Bowling took over on day 1 after dead period.  He has implemented a new offense/defense and culture to the program.  With that being said, many of the older players decided not to continue due to his demands and accountability factor.  He currently starts as many as 9 sophomores 7 juniors.  Murray seems to be getting better and better as the season continues averaging 400+ on the ground.  I'd say Coach Bowling deserves to be in this conversation. 

Dang they may be title contenders next year starting that many young guys.

• Like 1