Evangel Christian - 2021 Schedule

1 hour ago, Just Truth said:

I was told they joined a league in southern Ohio and will be participating in the post season there. Not sure how that impacts the KY schedule and/KHSAA rules.

That sounds more than a little odd to me.  I don't know of any league like that in Ohio and definitely not one that the OHSAA would sponsor or associate with.  If that is the case, why aren't they playing any of those teams in the regular season then?  I really hope for the kids' sake this all works out, but I can't help but foresee all of this crumbling within 4-5 years.  Maybe it's the pessimist in me, or maybe the realist, but it seems like all of this going on with Evangel is a bit too much, a bit too soon to sustain it.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

That sounds more than a little odd to me.  I don't know of any league like that in Ohio and definitely not one that the OHSAA would sponsor or associate with.  If that is the case, why aren't they playing any of those teams in the regular season then?  I really hope for the kids' sake this all works out, but I can't help but foresee all of this crumbling within 4-5 years.  Maybe it's the pessimist in me, or maybe the realist, but it seems like all of this going on with Evangel is a bit too much, a bit too soon to sustain it.

Took the words right out of my mouth, @Unrivaled97. It seems awfully strange to me for Evangel to get compete in the post-season of a league where they didn't compete in the regular season.

And like you, I'm also unfamiliar with any Ohio leagues that aren't the OHSAA. @CardinalsFan, @John Anthony, at @colonel-fan...any of you guys have any ideas?

Not familiar, but it is possible that a handful of teams might play games against each other at the end of the season? Evangel vs someone, two others play. Winners then play? That’s all I can imagine - although Evangel has a game scheduled for Week 11 and you can’t play past that week unless you make the KHSAA playoffs.

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Took the words right out of my mouth, @Unrivaled97. It seems awfully strange to me for Evangel to get compete in the post-season of a league where they didn't compete in the regular season.

And like you, I'm also unfamiliar with any Ohio leagues that aren't the OHSAA. @CardinalsFan, @John Anthony, at @colonel-fan...any of you guys have any ideas?

There was the OVCC, a non-inter scholastic league.  I don’t think they have/had football.  I’m not even shed if the league is around anymore.  

I’d love to know the name of your the league who invited them to post-season play.  No way it’s OHSAA sanctioned, if even true.

19 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I really hope for the kids' sake this all works out, but I can't help but foresee all of this crumbling within 4-5 months.  Maybe it's the pessimist in me, or maybe the realist, but it seems like all of this going on with Evangel is a bit too much, a bit too soon to sustain it.

Here, I corrected your spelling error.

• Haha 2

On 7/12/2021 at 1:57 PM, Just Truth said:

I was told they joined a league in southern Ohio and will be participating in the post season there. Not sure how that impacts the KY schedule and/KHSAA rules.

So this is correct. Evangel is playing as an independent while they wait for the KHSAA realignment for the 2023 season. They have joined a league of private Christian schools called the Great Lakes Christian Athletic Conference, which has a playoff/championship at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

Check out this schedule:

image.png.af61dcb00663f35f08d7854680c68277.png

8 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

So this is correct. Evangel is playing as an independent while they wait for the KHSAA realignment for the 2023 season. They have joined a league of private Christian schools called the Great Lakes Christian Athletic Conference, which has a playoff/championship at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

Check out this schedule:

image.png.af61dcb00663f35f08d7854680c68277.png

The amount of travel is huge for their first year!  I'm curious how the logistics are going to work on 10/8 & 10/9.  Play @ E 'Town, gather equipment, make a 3 hour drive to Indy and play the following day???  Is that safe for the kids?  The following week looks worse in terms of travel.  Charter jet?

12 minutes ago, FB Head said:

The amount of travel is huge for their first year!  I'm curious how the logistics are going to work on 10/8 & 10/9.  Play @ E 'Town, gather equipment, make a 3 hour drive to Indy and play the following day???  Is that safe for the kids?  The following week looks worse in terms of travel.  Charter jet?

No, that isn't safe for the kids. How in the hell do you prepare kids to play 4 games against 4 different teams in the course of 9 days? That's dangerous and irresponsible. They don't pull crap like that in college football, or even in the NFL.

They're going to get kids hurt. This schedule shows how much DaMarcus Smith and Brandon Bender don't really care about kids and just want to try to make names for themselves. They're completely irresponsible and have no concern for the safety of their players.

The fact that this is all going on at a Christian School tells me that the administrators of the school and church have no clue what they're into here. Apparently they want to spread the word of Christ by endangering children's physical well-being.

The players who are sitting out a year because of KHSAA transfer ineligibility will be playing in the games against non-KHSAA competitors. With the KHSAA's 'one year from last varsity competition' rule for eligibility, and many kids coming from programs with COVID-shortened seasons, that means the entire team will be eligible prior to the GLCAC playoffs in Canton, and many will be ready after Week 5.

The intent of the GLCAC games during regular season - particularly the ones occurring back-to-back after games against KHSAA teams - is apparently to give the KHSAA ineligible players an opportunity to play.

• Like 1