Evangel Christian - 2021 Schedule

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Wow! Sad it came to this.

It sounds as if DaMarcus Smith was never even hired as the head coach either.

In a different letter to the KHSAA the Evangel superintendent said "Mr. Smith is not an employee of Evangel. If he were, he would be terminated."

• Thanks 1

It seemed to me that instead of coming in and building a program from scratch they wanted to be great right away and some of the things they were doing didn’t pass the smell test. So I’m guessing all the players that transferred there just lose the season. That sucks if you’re a senior.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

From Tackett: "Remember, if a student transfers from school A to school B and then things don't work out at B, they're still eligible at school A."

Also, they said been spending a lot of time dealing with kids from Evangel wanting to transfer back to old schools or new schools.

From Tackett:

"In the course of the investigation there's been some things discovered about forms that may not have been accurately filled out - may not have been legitimately filled out. As that report and as that investigation finishes and [KHSAA Asst. Commissioner Darren Bilberry & KHSAA General Counsel Chad Collins] get us final reports, we'll be deciding if there's other action needed.

They are still a valid member. I think they're playing volleyball and soccer, am I correct? One gender of soccer? ...they've got a couple of fall sports. And they are committed - they did send someone to the annual meeting yesterday who was not the former AD, so that's a good sign - and we'll continue working with that school."

• Like 3