We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

This is a good link to look at multiple studies on masks and it even covers the studies that claim masks work but according to the article most of these studies suffer from poor methodology and sometimes show the opposite of what they claim to show.  The article was first put together in July of 2020 and updated this month, August 2021.

Here are the conclusions:

Face masks in the general population might be effective, at least in some circumstances, but there is currently little to no evidence supporting this proposition. If the coronavirus is indeed transmitted via indoor aerosols, face masks are unlikely to be protective. Health authorities should therefore not assume or suggest that face masks will reduce the rate or risk of infection.

Here is the Postscript from (August 2021) - A long-term analysis shows that infections have been driven primarily by seasonal and endemic factors, whereas mask mandates and lockdowns have had no discernible impact.

This is a very well constructed timeline of what we know about masking and the consensus is they don't work.

https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Neither one of these statements is true, but you all know that. 

Which face masks provide the best protection against the Delta variant?

For people who are not vaccinated and who have other risk factors, the N95 mask will provide the most effective protection because they fit tight to the face and allow little air - and thus airborne particles - to seep in around the edges.

The N95 also would be beneficial for people who are in areas where the Delta variant is spreading. Those who are vaccinated could use a multi-layered cloth mask but can also choose the higher level of protection.

The N95 masks are regulated in the U.S. by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, a division of the CDC. 

Which part isn’t true @TheDeuce?

I think JA and myself are very similar in that we are very open to and willing to accept science. Maybe buy into science that other, more conservative minded folks may not.  But we, or atleast I, don't think that science should trump someone's personal freedoms.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I think JA and myself are very similar in that we are very open to and willing to accept science. Maybe buy into science that other, more conservative minded folks may not.  But we, or atleast I, don't think that science should trump someone's personal freedoms.  

Freedom has to be absolute.  The reality is many many people are willing to give up 5%-10% of freedom here and there, in the name of comfort and security.  

We’re just not that submissive.  However, I do believe we’re in the minority, historically speaking, it was always a small minority of people not willing to submit to control.  History always repeats itself.

Again… I’m fully vaccinated I have no issues with science.

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

Freedom has to be absolute.  The reality is many many people are willing to give up 5%-10% of freedom here and there, in the name of comfort and security.  

We’re just not that submissive.  However, I do believe we’re in the minority, historically speaking, it was always a small minority of people not willing to submit to control.  History always repeats itself.

What about my list of freedoms you give up every day?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

See above. 

12 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

So if a person has Covid and isn’t wearing a mask they spread the disease at the same rate as a person who has Covid but is wearing a mask?   

Let me take some time and read your links.  

As expected.  The link talked about masks protecting you from COVID when it has been proven and stated multiple times that masks are worn to protect others from you if you have COVID. 

We’re having two different conversations.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

11 hours ago, John Anthony said:

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What about my list of freedoms you give up every day?

I would say most people are on board with "freedom." That's not unique. But let's be 100. You, me, and everyone else you know blurs the line with "freedom" and it should really be called "Freedom... when I feel it is most convenient." Not hating, but let's not pretend there is a faction of society not willing to give in to any standard of conformity vs. a society that only gives in.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

See above. 

I had to go back and read them.  But I was born into all of them or at least not an adult when they were brought to policy/law.  So it's hard to fight or question something that you grew up with as the norm.  Insurance for vehicles, meh  driving on public roads is a privilege not a constitutionally protected right.  

And just to be clear, none of those things you mentioned required people to get a vaccine, with known side effects, injected into their bodies, that has been around for less than a decade. For a virus that was man made and around for less than 2 years.  Are we clear on this part atleast?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I had to go back and read them.  But I was born into all of them or at least not an adult when they were brought to policy/law.  So it's hard to fight or question something that you grew up with as the norm.  Insurance for vehicles, meh  driving on public roads is a privilege not a constitutionally protected right.  

And just to be clear, none of those things you mentioned required people to get a vaccine, with known side effects, injected into their bodies, that has been around for less than a decade. For a virus that was man made and around for less than 2 years.  Are we clear on this part atleast?

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your thoughts.

In any society, total freedom is impossible. We all trade some freedoms for the betterment of our society.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I would say most people are on board with "freedom." That's not unique. But let's be 100. You, me, and everyone else you know blurs the line with "freedom" and it should really be called "Freedom... when I feel it is most convenient." Not hating, but let's not pretend there is a faction of society not willing to give in to any standard of conformity vs. a society that only gives in.

People are on board about selectively complaining about freedoms being taken away.  I’m simply an absolute guy. Yes there’s rules in society, but if we’re forced to take needles to participate in society, that’s not a free society.