We have a Vaccine

Voice of Reason

19 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

My kids will be bi-racial, so you don't need to talk to me about what freedoms they will or won't have. 

Do kids not have cell phones all of a sudden? Because they're already being tracked. 

I have bi-racial kids in my family as well. They will be taught that freedom is never to be negotiated.  I’m a fully vaccinated guy who was vaccinated before 90% of this site.  I’m not anti-vax, I’m pro-freedom.  I respect your opinions, there’s always meaning behind what you say.

• Like 2

Freedom. That can go a lot of different ways.  There are probably 50 different things that impact everyone on this site every single day that could be argued you gave up your freedom when you follow the rules. Some of them have been talked about in this thread and in other similar threads. Some of them are mundane after thoughts but if you think about it you are giving up the freedom to do whatever you might want to do to follow the rules. Here are a few off the top of my head:

No smoking

Wear your seatbelt

Stop at the stop sign

Drive on the right side of the road

We need your social security number to get .......

No shoes, no shirt, no service

You must have auto insurance 

Follow the speed limit

Pay taxes of all kinds

Don't violate hundreds of rules/laws that are considered criminal

You may need certain licenses to do your job

Driver's licenses - auto, motorcycle, CDL

I'm sure there are many, many more we can come up with. People follow those rules every day. So why is the requirement to wear a mask so offensive? People surrender freedoms every single day but the mask rule is outrageous. Every one of us has received vaccines of some sort but this vaccine is a problem. People are being manipulated. They are ignoring science and choosing to believe conspiracies. All because some people want contributions and control over thought. And many smart people are listening to the pied pipers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

They will be taught that freedom is never to be negotiated.

Being asked to do something that not only helps yourself but your fellow man is not negotiating freedom, at least not to me. People want to pretend to be patriotic until it means doing something they don't want to do. 

But to each his own. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I have bi-racial kids in my family as well. They will be taught that freedom is never to be negotiated.  I’m a fully vaccinated guy who was vaccinated before 90% of this site.  I’m not anti-vax, I’m pro-freedom.  I respect your opinions, there’s always meaning behind what you say.

Samesies.  On literally everything you said, from family to the vaccine.  I

While we are talking about freedom, all the antivaxers and antimaskers are taking my freedom from me. I don't want to wear a mask. But because people refuse to get the vaccine and put their lives at risk, I am being asked to put a mask on. It is because of you that my freedom is being restricted. Many rules restricting my freedom are here because of all the antivaxers/antimaskers. You think you are making some statement about freedom but you are the ones taking freedom from the large majority of us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

While we are talking about freedom, all the antivaxers and antimaskers are taking my freedom from me. I don't want to wear a mask. But because people refuse to get the vaccine and put their lives at risk, I am being asked to put a mask on. It is because of you that my freedom is being restricted. Many rules restricting my freedom are here because of all the antivaxers/antimaskers. You think you are making some statement about freedom but you are the ones taking freedom from the large majority of us.

Their freedom is more important than our freedom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Being asked to do something that not only helps yourself but your fellow man is not negotiating freedom, at least not to me. People want to pretend to be patriotic until it means doing something they don't want to do. 

But to each his own. 

I get it but that’s why you got the vaccine to be protected, just like me.  

57 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

47 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Their freedom is more important than our freedom. 

You two only wear N-95 masks right, the ones that are most proven to really work?

I don’t know how anyone can say the masks don’t work when society has never fully embraced wearing masks let alone wearing them properly.   Of course they don’t work when half the population refuses to wear one.   

Plus, for every study saying they don’t work there is a study saying they work.  Just depends on where you get your info from.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

You two only wear N-95 masks right, the ones that are most proven to really work?

45 minutes ago, theguru said:

From what I have seen even the N95's are not that great and everything lesser doesn't work.

Neither one of these statements is true, but you all know that.