COVID-19 Progress Report

Mustang

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CWB - New York and New Jersey have a serious problem.

Never did I say that there wouldn't come a time when we too (NoKy) would reach numbers where drastic measures would not have to be implemented, BUT we still do not have a serious problem. Escalating yes, but still not close to epidemic proportions. NoKy has 87 cases and 5 deaths (most over 80). How long ago was it that I posted that 19 number??? Quite a while ago.

Kentucky has been shut down for the best part of four weeks and our National Case number is presently one-third of one percent. We are the world's safe place.

My point all along was that the early shut down was a gross over-reaction causing kids to be out of school, the sports world to be cancelled, businesses closed, folks to be out of work, and a general sense of panic and mis-trust instilled etc.. The effect has been much more severe than the cause.

My detractors will say that it is because of all of the drastic measures that our numbers are low. Maybe, Maybe not. BUT, had we followed the Tennessee plan, rather than the Ohio plan, we would have a few (hundred) more cases, but our world would have been a better place. Tennessee too, THIS WEEK joined the shut down.

:lol2: :lol2:

How come you didn’t go to Tennessee this past month then? You could have gotten another month of activity.

The people that still aren't taking it seriously or think we have overreacted should have to do a couple things... Volunteer at a local hospital and sign a waiver saying if they get sick, not to use a ventilator on them. It would be interesting to see how many of them really don't think it's serious when faced with those options.

My avatar has pulled two 3PM to 3AM shifts this this week at Norton. She’ll be happy to tell you how serious things are.

My avatar has pulled two 3PM to 3AM shifts this this week at Norton. She’ll be happy to tell you how serious things are.

Yep.

My wife is on nights at UofL right now. LAST FREAKING NIGHT she had a 38 year old come in stroking out due to respiratory distress from COVID-like symptoms (the patient is not going to be added to the official COVID numbers until her test results are back tomorrow - another "she doesn't officially have it, except we all KNOW that she officially has it" situation). If she survives the stroke, and the COVID, she probably won't ever be able to walk, speak, or use her arms for the most part.

Guess who else is 38 years old......yours truly. We had a long talk at 7:45am when she got home so she could remind me how careful I/we all need to be about things.

People who continue to gripe and act in opposition to all of these VERY APPROPRIATE CAUTIONARY MEASURES are the problem. One person pees in the pool, and everyone else pays for it too.

Currently, 6 Cincinnati police officers are staying at the downtown Cincinnati Hilton to avoid spreading the virus to family. A local organization is making sure that they do not pay out of pocket expenses.

Yep.

My wife is on nights at UofL right now. LAST FREAKING NIGHT she had a 38 year old come in stroking out due to respiratory distress from COVID-like symptoms (the patient is not going to be added to the official COVID numbers until her test results are back tomorrow - another "she doesn't officially have it, except we all KNOW that she officially has it" situation). If she survives the stroke, and the COVID, she probably won't ever be able to walk, speak, or use her arms for the most part.

Guess who else is 38 years old......yours truly. We had a long talk at 7:45am when she got home so she could remind me how careful I/we all need to be about things.

People who continue to gripe and act in opposition to all of these VERY APPROPRIATE CAUTIONARY MEASURES are the problem. One person pees in the pool, and everyone else pays for it too.

Good analogy. Restricting people who pee in the pool to just one area of the pool doesn't change the fact that now everyone is still swimming in the now dirty pool. Just like closing off only those areas that are most affected isn't going to stop this virus. Waiting to start restrictions until things actually start to get bad, puts you way behind the curve since it takes a while for symptons to show up. It's always better to be out ahead and proactive rather than reactionary, especially when lives are at stake.

:lol2: :lol2:

How come you didn’t go to Tennessee this past month then? You could have gotten another month of activity.

Still cold weather, high water, and low water temperatures. April is prime time.

The Tennessee travel restriction is only a suggestion and not being enforced.

Ride it out here or ride it out there. We were not scheduled in until the 21st this spring, but I'm seriously thinking of moving it up.

Still cold weather, high water, and low water temperatures. April is prime time.

Ride it out here or ride it out there. We were not scheduled in until the 21st this spring, but I'm seriously thinking of moving it up.

If you're wanting to go to Tennessee, I recommend getting in there while you can. I suspect it's going to be one of the CV19 hotbeds pretty soon.

When are you volunteering at a local hospital?

This is really starting to hit home in Boyd County as numbers begin to rise. Everyone that prays please do so for my aunt. She lives in Ashland but works in Huntington and the normal mail carrier for her workplace had not been delivering mail since Monday. Yesterday she asked the new carrier where the normal one had been and she was told that he is sick and waiting on test results to come back.

Fast forward to last night and she started showing covid symptoms and called the KDMC hotline this morning to describe her symptoms and they told her to come in and they would test her for the flu, strep and covid. Her temperature broke overnight but was still high when she went to the hospital this morning and has risen since then.

This is really starting to hit home in Boyd County as numbers begin to rise. Everyone that prays please do so for my aunt. She lives in Ashland but works in Huntington and the normal mail carrier for her workplace had not been delivering mail since Monday. Yesterday she asked the new carrier where the normal one had been and she was told that he is sick and waiting on test results to come back.

Fast forward to last night and she started showing covid symptoms and called the KDMC hotline this morning to describe her symptoms and they told her to come in and they would test her for the flu, strep and covid. Her temperature broke overnight but was still high when she went to the hospital this morning and has risen since then.

Prayers for your Aunt JD.

Sorry to hear that JD. I hope she is okay.

I think about it every time I open my mailbox.