Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

My 66 year old dad tested positive a couple days ago. He’s vaccinated. Had his booster scheduled prior to testing positive. Mild symptoms so far. Body aches and a terrible cough at night that appears to be improving.

With that being said, we should stop all this nonsense. No more quarantining. No more testing unless you show symptoms. Coronavirus is not going anywhere. It’s time we learn to live with it. We have a vaccine. Let those of us who choose to get it it move on with life. Let those who choose not to get it deal with the consequences.

It’s a personal choice at this point. If another half a million Americans die, so be it. They had a choice.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2022 at 6:50 PM, theguru said:

By the end of the month by the report I just listened to.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:31 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

Since they don't update on the weekend so hopefully sometime next week.

Reports from the larger cities have started seeing a precipitous decline in cases; practically cutting the cases in half from their recent peaks. Good news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:58 PM, MBWC41 said:

My 66 year old dad tested positive a couple days ago. He’s vaccinated. Had his booster scheduled prior to testing positive. Mild symptoms so far. Body aches and a terrible cough at night that appears to be improving.

With that being said, we should stop all this nonsense. No more quarantining. No more testing unless you show symptoms. Coronavirus is not going anywhere. It’s time we learn to live with it. We have a vaccine. Let those of us who choose to get it it move on with life. Let those who choose not to get it deal with the consequences.

It’s a personal choice at this point. If another half a million Americans die, so be it. They had a choice.

Some analyst who streamed a hearing in Wisconsin yesterday made the following observation. 

The "pandemic" will end when the CDC takes CoVid-19 off the "reportable diseases" list.  As long as CoVid is on this list it will remain a "pandemic".   Also, they noted hospitals still get 20% "bonus" for CoVID patients.  Of course the "emergency" designation would need to be withdrawn.  But then all the EUA-authorized treatments would be cancelled - that includes the current "vaccines" since the fully FDA-approved products are not in the market. 

I had never heard of this designation of "Reportable Diseases".  But it causes all medical functions to actively search for and document instances.   

Links related to this: 

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001929.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/statistics/surveillance/notifiable.html

Wife update. Still very weak and tired feeling, but O2 levels are getting a little better each day. Doc was pleased with her overall condition yesterday and assured her the worst was behind and to just be patient as this would be a long process. 

Thank you all for your concern and prayers, they are much appreciated. 

On a sad note a guy I went high school with was hospitalized a few days before my wife, passed away last night. No underlying conditions and just 56 years old.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Wife update. Still very weak and tired feeling, but O2 levels are getting a little better each day. Doc was pleased with her overall condition yesterday and assured her the worst was behind and to just be patient as this would be a long process. 

Thank you all for your concern and prayers, they are much appreciated. 

On a sad note a guy I went high school with was hospitalized a few days before my wife, passed away last night. No underlying conditions and just 56 years old.

Glad to hear that the worst is behind her.  Hopefully there’s no permanent damage.  I’m in decent shape and when I had it in 2020 it probably took 6-8 weeks to feel like I wasn’t fatigued all of the time.  Really not sure of an exact time frame, I just remember sleeping A LOT right after I had it.  I’d go to work, home by 5, dinner between 5:30 and 6, then passed out on the couch by 6:30. 

Hopefully each day for your wife, is better than the one before it. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Some analyst who streamed a hearing in Wisconsin yesterday made the following observation. 

The "pandemic" will end when the CDC takes CoVid-19 off the "reportable diseases" list.  As long as CoVid is on this list it will remain a "pandemic".   Also, they noted hospitals still get 20% "bonus" for CoVID patients.  Of course the "emergency" designation would need to be withdrawn.  But then all the EUA-authorized treatments would be cancelled - that includes the current "vaccines" since the fully FDA-approved products are not in the market. 

I had never heard of this designation of "Reportable Diseases".  But it causes all medical functions to actively search for and document instances.   

Links related to this: 

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001929.htm

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/statistics/surveillance/notifiable.html

The insinuation in that analyst observation is that COVID is not a serious health issue. That analyst loses all credibility if that is his belief. Anyone who is still trying to minimize COVID is not in touch with reality, or has some other motive.

Let me add this - is medicaid paying hospitals in Europe, Asia and Africa too? This is worldwide and the numbers are worldwide. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Let me add this - is medicaid paying hospitals in Europe, Asia and Africa too? This is worldwide and the numbers are worldwide. 

That's always been my argument when people insinuate hospitals are labeling/keeping COVID patients for profit. 

• Like 1