Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I can tell you this, if hospitals are getting paid 20% more for Covid patients, they are earning it.  Covid patients take an extraordinary amount of time and resources. They are paying a LOT of overtime and bonus money to get employees to work extra shifts.  Morale and burnout are at an all time high.  At the same time, hospitals are losing out on their bread and butter via cancelled elective surgeries.

No one wants life to be back to normal than hospitals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

So do you think it's not happening at all?

People go to jail for that and companies pay huge fines. I don't think fraud is happening. Definitely not on the scale some people think it is.

You want to know who I think is making money off this stuff? Probably not, but here it is anyway ... the storytellers pimping conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

People go to jail for that and companies pay huge fines. I don't think fraud is happening. Definitely not on the scale some people think it is.

You want to know who I think is making money off this stuff? Probably not, but here it is anyway ... the storytellers pimping conspiracy theories.

Here's the thing, the dots don't connect in full with any of this stuff. We all know in any event or tragedy there are swaths of people that profit or find ways to game the system because vulnerabilities in systems do exist. But the problem with conspiracy theory guy is, everything is a conspiracy theory. Like most of these wide scale conspiracy theories, we are talking 1,000s of people would have to be involved or at least have an understanding of what is occurring. In the "hospitals are calling everything COVID so they can line their pockets" crowd, I don't doubt staff were instructed to treat patients as COVID patients, especially early on when testing wasn't readily available. That was the guidance they were given and money to combat the pandemic was/is available for that. Did it result in more money for the hospitals? Sure. But being an employee with an agency that got funds, there are specific guidelines in place for what they can be used for... over a certain amount you are subject to a single audit (not counting standard audits these companies already go through). You can't use these funds to give handsome bonuses or give you the ability to refinance a mansion. Other thing that doesn't compute, hospital staff and executives (generally speaking) are imploring their communities to take precautions, get the vaccine, mask up, etc. to keep people away from the hospital. But why would they do that if they need more people in their hospitals to call them COVID patients?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think it is probably naive to think that there is no fraud happening in relation to Covid, but I think it is far and away happening much less than most of the general public seems to think it is. It's honestly probably happening more within the "general public" than the huge institutions. I have no doubt we have tons of people out there that filed for grants, etc, that never should have but were able to because they run Billy Bob's Renovations and "qualified". 

• Like 1

No Politics Policy

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, bill, legislative process, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

How's she doing? Getting better?

Making progress daily. Is almost completely off of oxygen now. Very fatigued and slow to get strength and energy back. But, does seem to be on the right track now.

We were told to expect to be on oxygen for months, but we have been blessed so far with her recovery. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Making progress daily. Is almost completely off of oxygen now. Very fatigued and slow to get strength and energy back. But, does seem to be on the right track now.

We were told to expect to be on oxygen for months, but we have been blessed so far with her recovery. 

Great to hear progress is happening. That is the main thing. From others I know who had COVID and a similar experience as your wife with a brief hospital stay, it took about a month before they felt like they were getting back to their normal self. 

• Thanks 1