Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

On 2/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

161.81 today.

157.17 today.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I assume most of you have seen the study John Hopkins did, here is the Abstract:

This systematic review and meta-analysis are designed to determine whether there is empirical evidence to support the belief that “lockdowns” reduce COVID-19 mortality. Lockdowns are defined as the imposition of at least one compulsory, non-pharmaceutical intervention (NPI). NPIs are any (redacted) mandate that directly restrict peoples’ possibilities, such as policies that limit internal movement, close schools and businesses, and ban international travel. This study employed a systematic search and screening procedure in which 18,590 studies are identified that could potentially address the belief posed. After three levels of screening, 34 studies ultimately qualified. Of those 34 eligible studies, 24 qualified for inclusion in the meta-analysis. They were separated into three groups: lockdown stringency index studies, shelter-in-placeorder (SIPO) studies, and specific NPI studies. An analysis of each of these three groups support the conclusion that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality. More specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality.

While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

And for balance, the Snopes.com response to it:

The Bottom Line

The viral “Johns Hopkins study” about lockdowns was not the work of Johns Hopkins University, it was not peer-reviewed, and it was not written by epidemiologists. A number of researchers have also taken issue with the methods used in this study.

Furthermore, the conclusions of this non-peer reviewed working paper run counter to published studies in academic journals that found lockdowns did prevent COVID-19 deaths. One study, for example, found that lockdown policies helped prevent millions of deaths early in the pandemic.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/02/03/johns-hopkins-study-on-lockdowns/

20 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

157.17 today.

134.39 today.

Cases in US have dropped 51% in last 7 days. I think there is enough people with natural immunity and enough vaccinated to start dropping restrictions. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

On the downward slide.

6A9422CB-682D-419B-BACD-6398C8D3EDB3.jpeg

Your above post was post 3,500 in this thread and it is good news. 

On 2/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

134.39 today.

102.89 today.

  • Author
23 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Cases in US have dropped 51% in last 7 days. I think there is enough people with natural immunity and enough vaccinated to start dropping restrictions. 

Do we ever get back to the point of the "old normal?" Kids in schools without masks, etc. If so, when do you think that happens? What do we have to reach to make that happen?

11 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Do we ever get back to the point of the "old normal?" Kids in schools without masks, etc. If so, when do you think that happens? What do we have to reach to make that happen?

The tide has turned, soon. 

36 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Do we ever get back to the point of the "old normal?" Kids in schools without masks, etc. If so, when do you think that happens? What do we have to reach to make that happen?

Based on IHME Covid prediction model that has done well, I think sometime in March. It shows cases dropping like a rock and by April basically gone other then few cases still around.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Based on IHME Covid prediction model that has done well, I think sometime in March. It shows cases dropping like a rock and by April basically gone other then few cases still around.

I liked this because I don't have the option to love it. I would absolutely love to be back to some resemblance of normal around March! 

I figured we peaked a couple of weeks ago because I knew several people that were positive with covid and now I don't know anyone positive. Anecdotal but seems to match up with overall data.

43 minutes ago, theguru said:

The tide has turned, soon. 

Agreed, I think we are almost there. 

42 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I figured we peaked a couple of weeks ago because I knew several people that were positive with covid and now I don't know anyone positive. Anecdotal but seems to match up with overall data.

Because of my job, I get a LOT of anecdotal COVID info. I have seen how widespread and how much impact COVID  has had, including serious illnesses and deaths. The number of people I know of with COVID in their family and friends has dropped significantly the last two weeks.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.