Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

The science changing is welcomed by all!

No doubt the most challenging and frustrating thing for the past two years has been the evolution and learning in the science of this virus. The risks required changing rules. It made it very difficult to know how to stay safe and survive. In spite of everything we know now, I personally know of two people who died from COVID in the past week. Managing the risk is still necessary even with the infection rates dropping. The good thing is now it is at a point where it is safe enough for each of us to decide on an individual basis how much risk we want to take.

34 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No doubt the most challenging and frustrating thing for the past two years has been the evolution and learning in the science of this virus. The risks required changing rules. It made it very difficult to know how to stay safe and survive. In spite of everything we know now, I personally know of two people who died from COVID in the past week. Managing the risk is still necessary even with the infection rates dropping. The good thing is now it is at a point where it is safe enough for each of us to decide on an individual basis how much risk we want to take.

Two of the biggest challenges were 1.) The situation was constantly changing for months on end, and 2.) People were unwilling to accept that it was a changing situation, and that they weren't willing to change their minds/opinions as the situation evolved. 

Ivermectin benefits outlined. 

Comparison to Remdesivir in one study.  Use a prophylaxis in another. 

This guy is obviously a former teacher/instructor and used to grading papers.  He prints out the anlysis and does a lot of checking and circling. 

16 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Wait... People are still talking about ivermectin? 

Yikes. 

It is a fascinating study in human psychology. Look, I have no doubt ivermectin can provide benefit for some. But the reality is those pounding the ivermectin form of treatment - which has both positive and negative trial results - are often the same crowd that dismiss treatments with large-scale trial success, all in the name of "I told you so."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Wait... People are still talking about ivermectin? 

Yikes. 

Sadly, I think the thing that has gotten washed over the most has been any treatments.  We've gotten pounded over and over and over again on preventative measures/protocals/mandates.  But any medicine to treat it, by comparison, has gotten barely a whisper.

1 minute ago, CincySportsFan said:

Sadly, I think the thing that has gotten washed over the most has been any treatments.  We've gotten pounded over and over and over again on preventative measures/protocals/mandates.  But any medicine to treat it, by comparison, has gotten barely a whisper.

This has been part of my struggle at times during the pandemic. So little focus seemed to be on the treatment, etc. 

I'll also admit I'm nowhere near studies for something like this (all of you should thank God for that 😆) so maybe it is happening a lot more than I realize.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, John Anthony said:

Essentially it comes down to the fact that for as long as we continue to print insane amounts of cash, the stocks will stay up in the short term. It’s called a bull trap, but if science catches up it will end up being a bridge. Hyperinflation is a concern though.

I wish I had been wrong about this as it relates to the pandemic.

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I would usually agree with this, but I can't based on the Tweet you connected it to. If communities go back to red you would see more school districts go back to masking too.

Red is "arbitrary" and I mean in general, COVID restrictions are just one more straw on the camel's back. 

• Like 1