Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

On 2/25/2022 at 6:42 PM, Voice of Reason said:

WKU dropped their mask requirements today.

The science changing is welcomed by all!

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

The science changing is welcomed by all!

No doubt the most challenging and frustrating thing for the past two years has been the evolution and learning in the science of this virus. The risks required changing rules. It made it very difficult to know how to stay safe and survive. In spite of everything we know now, I personally know of two people who died from COVID in the past week. Managing the risk is still necessary even with the infection rates dropping. The good thing is now it is at a point where it is safe enough for each of us to decide on an individual basis how much risk we want to take.

34 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No doubt the most challenging and frustrating thing for the past two years has been the evolution and learning in the science of this virus. The risks required changing rules. It made it very difficult to know how to stay safe and survive. In spite of everything we know now, I personally know of two people who died from COVID in the past week. Managing the risk is still necessary even with the infection rates dropping. The good thing is now it is at a point where it is safe enough for each of us to decide on an individual basis how much risk we want to take.

Two of the biggest challenges were 1.) The situation was constantly changing for months on end, and 2.) People were unwilling to accept that it was a changing situation, and that they weren't willing to change their minds/opinions as the situation evolved. 

20 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What are the numbers on the bottom of the graph?

I think it's number of weeks since start of pandemic.

Ivermectin benefits outlined. 

Comparison to Remdesivir in one study.  Use a prophylaxis in another. 

This guy is obviously a former teacher/instructor and used to grading papers.  He prints out the anlysis and does a lot of checking and circling. 

 

 

Wait... People are still talking about ivermectin? 

Yikes. 

16 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Wait... People are still talking about ivermectin? 

Yikes. 

It is a fascinating study in human psychology. Look, I have no doubt ivermectin can provide benefit for some. But the reality is those pounding the ivermectin form of treatment - which has both positive and negative trial results - are often the same crowd that dismiss treatments with large-scale trial success, all in the name of "I told you so."

37 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Wait... People are still talking about ivermectin? 

Yikes. 

Sadly, I think the thing that has gotten washed over the most has been any treatments.  We've gotten pounded over and over and over again on preventative measures/protocals/mandates.  But any medicine to treat it, by comparison, has gotten barely a whisper.

  • Author
1 minute ago, CincySportsFan said:

Sadly, I think the thing that has gotten washed over the most has been any treatments.  We've gotten pounded over and over and over again on preventative measures/protocals/mandates.  But any medicine to treat it, by comparison, has gotten barely a whisper.

This has been part of my struggle at times during the pandemic. So little focus seemed to be on the treatment, etc. 

I'll also admit I'm nowhere near studies for something like this (all of you should thank God for that ?) so maybe it is happening a lot more than I realize.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:47 AM, John Anthony said:

 

Essentially it comes down to the fact that for as long as we continue to print insane amounts of cash, the stocks will stay up in the short term. It’s called a bull trap, but if science catches up it will end up being a bridge. Hyperinflation is a concern though.

I wish I had been wrong about this as it relates to the pandemic.

9 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

 

Parents and kids, run away from JCPS!

  • Author
16 hours ago, theguru said:

Parents and kids, run away from JCPS!

I would usually agree with this, but I can't based on the Tweet you connected it to. If communities go back to red you would see more school districts go back to masking too.

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I would usually agree with this, but I can't based on the Tweet you connected it to. If communities go back to red you would see more school districts go back to masking too.

Red is "arbitrary" and I mean in general, COVID restrictions are just one more straw on the camel's back. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.