Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Well it took 3 years, but I finally got it. My sister-in-law went to Vegas in late January. When she got back she came over to our new place to help Mrs. S with the on-going task of setting up house, not showing any symptoms until the next day. She gave it to Mrs. S, who in turn gave it to me. 

The sister-n-law and Mrs. S only suffered bad head cold/sinus symptoms. Nothing affected in the pulmonary, thank God.  I had the same only I also had a persistent high grade fever that I could not get rid of. My temp would go over 100. I'd take Tylenol. The fever would break and be back in a few hours. It went on like that for over a week.  The girls had no fever. I stayed isolated from Mrs. S during my bout. 

I've been symptom free for over a week. The only thing I still have is not being able to taste or smell anything. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, swamprat said:

Well it took 3 years, but I finally got it. My sister-in-law went to Vegas in late January. When she got back she came over to our new place to help Mrs. S with the on-going task of setting up house, not showing any symptoms until the next day. She gave it to Mrs. S, who in turn gave it to me. 

The sister-n-law and Mrs. S only suffered bad head cold/sinus symptoms. Nothing affected in the pulmonary, thank God.  I had the same only I also had a persistent high grade fever that I could not get rid of. My temp would go over 100. I'd take Tylenol. The fever would break and be back in a few hours. It went on like that for over a week.  The girls had no fever. I stayed isolated from Mrs. S during my bout. 

I've been symptom free for over a week. The only thing I still have is not being able to taste or smell anything. 

It is pretty amazing that you went that long without getting COVID, I think it says a lot about your discipline and of course there is some luck mixed in there.

The taste/smell thing is grrrrr.... It was only a few days for me a couple of times with COVID and hopefully it clears up for you too.

Thankfully, I haven't gotten it.  Mrs. doomer did, and she was pretty ill for a couple of days, then she was ok.

I worked in a hospital during the outbreak with mentally ill people.  Most of my patients couldn’t or wouldn’t wear their masks, and certainly did not cover their mouths and noses when they coughed or sneezed. Even hand washing was a challenge for most. I can’t count how many times I was directly exposed.  Never got it once.  The mister, who was equally immunized, has had it 3 times, but was only sick once.   Maybe all those years of getting exposed to a multitude of things super fortified my immune system. Regardless, I feel pretty lucky.

Question to those who have lost their taste…do you eat/cook differently?  I would like to think that, since I lost my taste, I would eat all the healthy vegetables that I hate, and be my former thin self.  I have a friend who still can’t taste, but they say those things still hold no appeal and they eat like they always have.  

1 minute ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I worked in a hospital during the outbreak with mentally ill people.  Most of my patients couldn’t or wouldn’t wear their masks.  I can’t count how many times I was directly exposed.  Never got it once.  The mister, who was equally immunized, has had it 3 times, but was only sick once.  I feel pretty lucky.

Question to those who have lost their taste…do you eat/cook differently?  I would like to think that, since I lost my taste, I would eat all the healthy vegetables that I hate.  I have a friend who still can’t taste, but they say those things still hold no appeal and they eat like they used to.

It made me not want to eat as much because I couldn't enjoy it like normally.  Thankfully it was very temporary for me.

40 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Question to those who have lost their taste…do you eat/cook differently?  I would like to think that, since I lost my taste, I would eat all the healthy vegetables that I hate, and be my former thin self.  I have a friend who still can’t taste, but they say those things still hold no appeal and they eat like they always have.  

I only lost mine for about three days I think, but I didn't change anything I was doing. 

 

It was crazy how different just being outside was when you can't smell anything. 

I lost my sense of taste for about 10 days, but I didn't feel bad one bit. I found out when I took a scoop of Peanut Butter and didn't taste anything. I could tell if food was salty or sweet but no flavor. I moved on from beer to hard liquor during that time (Just kidding) no alcohol for about 7 days because at first I was thinking it was just being stuffed up. My brothers, brother-in-law still can't taste and it's been around two years.

Covid is picking back up again. Other states are showing rise in cases as well. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Covid is picking back up again. Other states are showing rise in cases as well. 

It is going around in NKY again.  I think I got whatever variant this is again, just caused a mild sore throat for about a week and then gone. 

Just now, theguru said:

It is going around in NKY again.  I think I got whatever variant this is again, just caused a mild sore throat for about a week and then gone. 

Yeah, when I had it last year lasted about a week.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

It is going around in NKY again.  I think I got whatever variant this is again, just caused a mild sore throat for about a week and then gone. 

I went to Cumberland a couple of weekends ago and felt like junk for the entirety of last week, with Friday and Saturday being the worst.  Fast forward to this week, and whether it was allergies or THE VID, I feel like it's been trying to exit from the rear all week.?

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

I went to Cumberland a couple of weekends ago and felt like junk for the entirety of last week, with Friday and Saturday being the worst.  Fast forward to this week, and whether it was allergies or THE VID, I feel like it's been trying to exit from the rear all week.?

Right, could have been allergies for me too but either way the rear has been tight. 

Apparantly it's not that big of a deal at work anymore. We used to get paid for 5 days if we even were exposed to someone who had the Rona, then if we tested positive for it we got paid until we tested negative. The company changed that policy effective today August 7th. Now if you contract the virus it's treated the same as if you have the flu, use sick time or come in a suck it up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.