Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I saw in the Cincinnati Enquirer today that 56% of Americans polled would like to see masks on airplanes enforced.  Hard to believe.  Have we become that “cootie fearful?”  
 

I have flown quite a bit in the last couple of years.  Of course, there is always one or two passengers who constantly disinfect themselves and their areas on the plane, but I would hope most people are returning to normal.

I agree it is hard to believe.  Like with any poll, I would like to see some additional polls by different organizations. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I saw in the Cincinnati Enquirer today that 56% of Americans polled would like to see masks on airplanes enforced.  Hard to believe.  Have we become that “cootie fearful?”  
 

I have flown quite a bit in the last couple of years.  Of course, there are always one or two passengers who constantly disinfect themselves and their areas on the plane, but I would hope most people are returning to normal.

I believe there has always been a perception airplanes are nothing more than flying petri-dish tubes. When in reality, airplanes - when the doors are shut - are one of the safer environments due to the constant air circulation. You're at most risk when the doors are open and passengers are moving about.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, theguru said:

I agree it is hard to believe.  Like with any poll, I would like to see some additional polls by different organizations. 

Yep, if you word the questions right and ask the right people you can just about make the results of the poll show whatever you want them to.  

Not matter what issue, there are 20-30% of the people who believe one thing, there are 20-30% of the people who believe the opposite. Nobody is changing their minds. They will answer with their tribal beliefs. Then you have the 40% or so in the middle who could go either way depending on the facts of the matter. Those in the middle may lean one way or the other but they aren't voting a certain way no matter what to stay in step with some tribal belief.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

 

Hopefully some of the parents get together and file a class action lawsuit against JCPS making them prove the scientific and legal basis for the draconian measures and we all know they can't do it because masks don't work and as more and more studies come out masks appear to cause harm in many areas. 

Get your kids and get out of JCPS. 

14 minutes ago, theguru said:

Hopefully some of the parents get together and file a class action lawsuit against JCPS making them prove the scientific and legal basis for the draconian measures and we all know they can't do it because masks don't work and as more and more studies come out masks appear to cause harm in many areas. 

Get your kids and get out of JCPS. 

Don't all health care facilities require masks? Why do they require masks in health care facilities?

5 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Don't all health care facilities require masks? Why do they require masks in health care facilities?

Because they are forced to. 

Just now, theguru said:

Because they are forced to. 

Forced to by health care professionals? People whose business is safe health care for customers and staff?

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Forced to by health care professionals? People whose business is safe health care for customers and staff?

From the powers that be.

VoR, we have debated masks over and over, don't you think it is time to admit you have been wrong all along?

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

From the powers that be.

VoR, we have debated masks over and over, don't you think it is time to admit you have been wrong all along?

I have been in multiple health care facilities over the past few months in multiple parts of the country. They all required masks for everyone. There is a reason for that. My neighbor is a critical care nurse at Cincinnati Childrens. She would welcome a discussion with you on this topic. I recently met with a 56 year old doctor who stopped practicing medicine because of the patients he had to contend with on this and related issues. He told me a number of his fellow doctors also have retired because of having to deal with unreasonable patients on masks and related issues. 

Personally, I am ok at this point without a mask. I am comfortable with my protection in place, health and the improved treatments available that risk to me is virtually zero. People who prefer to risk death have been provided more than enough notice and opportunity. If they choose no protection and no mask, that is their choice. Nevertheless, I wore a mask in those healthcare facilities I was in.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have been in multiple health care facilities over the past few months in multiple parts of the country. They all required masks for everyone. There is a reason for that. My neighbor is a critical care nurse at Cincinnati Childrens. She would welcome a discussion with you on this topic. I recently met with a 56 year old doctor who stopped practicing medicine because of the patients he had to contend with on this and related issues. He told me a number of his fellow doctors also have retired because of having to deal with unreasonable patients on masks and related issues. 

Personally, I am ok at this point without a mask. I am comfortable with my protection in place, health and the improved treatments available that risk to me is virtually zero. People who prefer to risk death have been provided more than enough notice and opportunity. If they choose no protection and no mask, that is their choice. Nevertheless, I wore a mask in those healthcare facilities I was in.

I would discuss it with them but the medical community has lost so much trust and respect because of COVID and masking that talking to the ignorant doctors and nurses is futile.  Most all of them I have talked to privately agree with me and the actual science but you will always have a few like you mentioned.  No thanks, get out of healthcare. 

And I wear a mask when I go to a health facility because otherwise they will not treat you.

First do no harm... lol, what a joke. 

37 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Don't all health care facilities require masks? Why do they require masks in health care facilities?

Sitting in one as week speak and I confirm, masks never stopped being required at hospitals, doctors offices, and etc.

4 hours ago, theguru said:

I would discuss it with them but the medical community has lost so much trust and respect because of COVID and masking that talking to the ignorant doctors and nurses is futile.  Most all of them I have talked to privately agree with me and the actual science but you will always have a few like you mentioned.  No thanks, get out of healthcare. 

And I wear a mask when I go to a health facility because otherwise they will not treat you.

First do no harm... lol, what a joke. 

Wow, we’ve graduated to doctors and nurses being ignorant now?

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Wow, we’ve graduated to doctors and nurses being ignorant now?

Some of them for sure, absolutely, just like in all professions.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.