Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Spent my first week without a mask on at work in over 2 years. The place smells funny. 

 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

9 hours ago, swamprat said:

Spent my first week without a mask on at work in over 2 years. The place smells funny. 

 

I couldn't imagine that. We followed protocols more-or-less but I don't recall masking up at in the office but maybe a few times when we were still learning. Once i had it, unless I was in a populated area I didn't mask up.

27 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I couldn't imagine that. We followed protocols more-or-less but I don't recall masking up at in the office but maybe a few times when we were still learning. Once i had it, unless I was in a populated area I didn't mask up.

That makes sense. Once you get it and survive, masking is not necessary for you. And masking in public protects others just in case you are carrying virus and don't know it. 

Here is the thing that it seems like the rebellious always minimized through the whole pandemic including now - deaths. So many people chose death over a mask or a vaccine - and some still are choosing death. I haven't seen stats to confirm but from what I have seen I think it is safe to say more than 90% of the deaths in 2022 are unvaccinated people. The vast majority chose making some kind of a point and listening to talking heads, facebook hype and quacks over science. God rest their soles, peace and comfort to their families and shame to all those who helped lead them to that fateful choice.

Folks, this week we will pass 1,000,000 deaths from this virus. A tragedy for so many who could have avoided that result. If not for masks and the vaccines, it would likely be twice that amount. And still today many hang onto beliefs that put them at a much higher risk of death. 

Two more people I know have passed from COVID. One was 69 year old in perfect health. The other was a retired Dr., also in good health. Neither of them were vaccinated.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Here is the thing that it seems like the rebellious always minimized through the whole pandemic including now - deaths. So many people chose death over a mask or a vaccine - and some still are choosing death. I haven't seen stats to confirm but from what I have seen I think it is safe to say more than 90% of the deaths in 2022 are unvaccinated people. The vast majority chose making some kind of a point and listening to talking heads, facebook hype and quacks over science. God rest their soles, peace and comfort to their families and shame to all those who helped lead them to that fateful choice.

Folks, this week we will pass 1,000,000 deaths from this virus. A tragedy for so many who could have avoided that result. If not for masks and the vaccines, it would likely be twice that amount. And still today many hang onto beliefs that put them at a much higher risk of death. 

Dude get off your high horse.  People made choices and now experts are saying it probably didn't matter what those choices were.  They're literally telling us that masks do very little and at best a vaccination will likely lessen your symptoms. 

 

I still don't understand why certain groups choose to villanize the victim and not the source or what caused all of this. A lab in China.  

10 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Dude get off your high horse.  People made choices and now experts are saying it probably didn't matter what those choices were.  They're literally telling us that masks do very little and at best a vaccination will likely lessen your symptoms. 

 

I still don't understand why certain groups choose to villanize the victim and not the source or what caused all of this. A lab in China.  

No villianization of victims. I am tired of seeing unvaccinated friends and acquaintances die. Especially at this point in time.

29 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No villianization of victims. I am tired of seeing unvaccinated friends and acquaintances die. Especially at this point in time.

Again. Blame the source of it, not the victims.  You are still doing it. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Again. Blame the source of it, not the victims.  You are still doing it. 

Hopefully I save a life with facts.

Been a little quiet in here on this topic lately...but I feel this is definitely something discussion-worthy.

An experimental COVID drug was so successful that they’re shutting down trials early (msn.com)

The next question(s) will be...how much will it cost and how accessible will it be?  Will it only be administered if you're admitted to the hospital for the most severe cases?  Or will it be available over-the-counter like a Z-pack would, for even the moderate cases?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Been a little quiet in here on this topic lately...but I feel this is definitely something discussion-worthy.

An experimental COVID drug was so successful that they’re shutting down trials early (msn.com)

The next question(s) will be...how much will it cost and how accessible will it be?  Will it only be administered if you're admitted to the hospital for the most severe cases?  Or will it be available over-the-counter like a Z-pack would, for even the moderate cases?

Man... if we could get a super-efficient Z-pack type deal for this, that would be a mega gamechanger. 

On 4/13/2022 at 11:14 AM, CincySportsFan said:

Been a little quiet in here on this topic lately...but I feel this is definitely something discussion-worthy.

An experimental COVID drug was so successful that they’re shutting down trials early (msn.com)

The next question(s) will be...how much will it cost and how accessible will it be?  Will it only be administered if you're admitted to the hospital for the most severe cases?  Or will it be available over-the-counter like a Z-pack would, for even the moderate cases?

 

On 4/13/2022 at 11:17 AM, ChickenWyngz said:

Man... if we could get a super-efficient Z-pack type deal for this, that would be a mega gamechanger. 

Good news! We are at the stage where we can reduce risk of death to "acceptable" levels. We have learned how to use science and medicines to live with the virus. Thanks for sharing that info.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

Good news! We are at the stage where we can reduce risk of death to "acceptable" levels. We have learned how to use science and medicines to live with the virus. Thanks for sharing that info.

I don't believe much has changed for a long time other than the combination of natural immunity, a weakening virus, and less appetite to do anything about it.

I saw in the Cincinnati Enquirer today that 56% of Americans polled would like to see masks on airplanes enforced.  Hard to believe.  Have we become that “cootie fearful?”  
 

I have flown quite a bit in the last couple of years.  Of course, there are always one or two passengers who constantly disinfect themselves and their areas on the plane, but I would hope most people are returning to normal.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.