Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Yes, we are forced to wear masks in health care facilities, and so is anyone who enters one.

Most of the nurses I know hate it.

On a second note, nurses (and other hospital workers)who test positive for Covid are forced to take time off and use their own vacation time to pay for it (at least in my hospital and I have heard it is the same at others) Since most recent cases are cold or flu like, guess what?  Some nurses will downplay symptoms and are not getting tested.  I know several nurses who had to cancel vacations because they were out of PTO.  Most of us are done with it.

i have to admit, if I had minor Covid symptoms, I would not get tested and I assure you that I am not the only nurse who feels like this. 

Enough is enough!  We saw a horrible plague go through here, but the death rates have dropped dramatically.  I understand the hesitancy to relax mask usage in health care facilities, but I think we have a handle on Covid now and it’s time.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

On 7/25/2022 at 12:31 PM, theguru said:

Hopefully some of the parents get together and file a class action lawsuit against JCPS making them prove the scientific and legal basis for the draconian measures and we all know they can't do it because masks don't work and as more and more studies come out masks appear to cause harm in many areas. 

Get your kids and get out of JCPS. 

Me quoting me, I know, but it looks like this is going to happen, just now on Facebook:

Chris Wiest, Attorney at Law

Parents of students in Louisville Public Schools (JCPS): if you have a sincerely held religious belief against facemasking, and want to sue the schools, which are not recognizing religious exemptions, please contact me.

We anticipate filing a federal lawsuit early next week.

Wife has her second round of covid, last time she ended up in the hospital. Took a home test today and it immediately went positive, didn't have to wait the 15 minutes.

I now have a severe headache and scratchy throat, hoping it skips me and this is just a coincidence. 

8 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Wife has her second round of covid, last time she ended up in the hospital. Took a home test today and it immediately went positive, didn't have to wait the 15 minutes.

I now have a severe headache and scratchy throat, hoping it skips me and this is just a coincidence. 

Prayers for a speedy recovery for both of you.

11 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Wife has her second round of covid, last time she ended up in the hospital. Took a home test today and it immediately went positive, didn't have to wait the 15 minutes.

I now have a severe headache and scratchy throat, hoping it skips me and this is just a coincidence. 

Here’s to you both getting better as soon as possible. 

On 8/26/2022 at 12:56 AM, Jumper_Dad said:

Wife has her second round of covid, last time she ended up in the hospital. Took a home test today and it immediately went positive, didn't have to wait the 15 minutes.

I now have a severe headache and scratchy throat, hoping it skips me and this is just a coincidence. 

How is everyone?

4 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

How is everyone?

Doing much better than last time, so far. More like a really bad cold or touch of flu this time. Hopefully it stays this way. 

Thanks RP

11 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Doing much better than last time, so far. More like a really bad cold or touch of flu this time. Hopefully it stays this way. 

Thanks RP

Glad to hear that.  Hope the worst stays behind you.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, theguru said:

Me quoting me, I know, but it looks like this is going to happen, just now on Facebook:

Chris Wiest, Attorney at Law

Parents of students in Louisville Public Schools (JCPS): if you have a sincerely held religious belief against facemasking, and want to sue the schools, which are not recognizing religious exemptions, please contact me.

We anticipate filing a federal lawsuit early next week.

Wow. Does that violate legal ethics? @Hearsay

Eric Deters is proud of Chris Wiest.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Wow. Does that violate legal ethics? @Hearsay

Eric Deters is proud of Chris Wiest.

This is a Hearsay question but I see attorneys advertising all the time in similar ways.

I am with the Bulldog (Eric Deters) and I think very highly of Mr. Wiest.   

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is a Hearsay question but I see attorneys advertising all the time in similar ways.

I am with the Bulldog (Eric Deters) and I think very highly of Mr. Wiest.   

Yowza. We are certainly on opposite ends of the spectrum on that one.

For me, it doesn't get much worse than lawyers who don't respect the law.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Yowza. We are certainly on opposite ends of the spectrum on that one.

For me, it doesn't get much worse than lawyers who don't respect the law.

Sometimes you need to look a little deeper. 

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

Sometimes you need to look a little deeper. 

 The same right back at you.  Especially on Mr. Wiest.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:48 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Wow. Does that violate legal ethics? @Hearsay

Eric Deters is proud of Chris Wiest.

25 years ago it would have been considered solicitation, but the rules have been relaxed since some First Amendment Supreme Court rulings about a decade ago.

Ive met Chris. He fills a niche and serves a particular market, and will take cases that others won’t touch.

I don’t advertise or send solicitation letters, but the legal needs of the populace have changed so I have a harder and harder time begrudging lawyers who do. Just my .02.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.