Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Something that is little more legal than above: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/early-stage-research-suggests-milk-002425317.html

The report suggested that combining diphenhydramine — an antihistamine sold as Benadryl that is used for allergy symptoms — and lactoferrin — a protein found in cow and human milk — reduced replication of SARS-CoV-2 by 99% in lab tests on human lung and monkey cells. 

Tying to personal habits.  Wife and I do drink milk daily and she uses Benadryl periodically.  I rarely use it. 

51 minutes ago, theguru said:

Models suggest that public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high.

Those last 3 words go counter everything we see in the "real world" and not in a lab under controlled environment. 

I continue to try to figure out how "science" got this mask thing wrong for 70 years and suddenly find its errors in 2020 and 2021. 

5 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Something that is little more legal than above: 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/early-stage-research-suggests-milk-002425317.html

The report suggested that combining diphenhydramine — an antihistamine sold as Benadryl that is used for allergy symptoms — and lactoferrin — a protein found in cow and human milk — reduced replication of SARS-CoV-2 by 99% in lab tests on human lung and monkey cells. 

Tying to personal habits.  Wife and I do drink milk daily and she uses Benadryl periodically.  I rarely use it. 

I am a habitual chocolate milk drinker.  

17 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Those last 3 words go counter everything we see in the "real world" and not in a lab under controlled environment. 

I continue to try to figure out how "science" got this mask thing wrong for 70 years and suddenly find its errors in 2020 and 2021. 

Thus why I summarized the review as idealistic.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, theguru said:

According to a study by Oregon State pot can help prevent COVID infection.

We need to be looking more and more at cannabis for all kinds of therapeutic treatments.

From Forbes.com:

Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherrington/2022/01/11/study-finds-cannabis-compounds-prevent-infection-by-covid-19-virus/?sh=24e0caa01753

2 hours ago, theguru said:

For what it is worth Forbes.com posted a much longer article today disputing what they reported on this topic yesterday.  

All I have to add is we need to study cannabis a lot more than we do.

Forbes.com can't make up their mind on this issue but it appears they at least agree with me now. 🙂  Here is a headline:

"The data does not prove cannabis compounds can prevent or cure Covid infection in humans, and researchers say further study is needed"

The Rona finally caught us. Daughter, wife and myself all tested positive this week.  

My daughter worked over Christmas break at a local office. On her last day last week a guy came in doing business in the office and my daughter waited on him for several minutes, before he kinda bragged about being covid positive. They disinfected everything when he left, then he return for several more minutes.

Not sure he's the culprit, but he is the logical link to all of this. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The Rona finally caught us. Daughter, wife and myself all tested positive this week.  

My daughter worked over Christmas break at a local office. On her last day last week a guy came in doing business in the office and my daughter waited on him for several minutes, before he kinda bragged about being covid positive. They disinfected everything when he left, then he return for several more minutes.

What a lousy human being.  Was this a customer or someone that works in the office?  Not that it matters either way. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Hope you guys have minimal symptoms.  Get plenty of rest.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Customer.

Hopefully never again after that.  While I agree for most of us it's not a death sentence.  He put a lot of people at risk, knowingly.  And they in turn could've put others at risk.  Just a selfish, irresponsible act. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Sorry to hear that - hope you feel better fast. I’m about a week in, still have some fatigue and brain fog, plus cough hasn’t left me. Hope for better for you!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What a terrible human being to intentionally spread a virus around. Get well soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1