Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Throughout the pandemic I have been very serious about the topic but never truly concerned about my well being or that of family members. I have family members who fit the high risk category and have even known a couple people who passed away with COVID, but had some pretty serious preexisting things going on.

This surge has my mind in an entirely different place. I know it is supposed to be much more mild, but it seems to truly be everywhere. I think my mindset in the past was set by the fact that it always seemed pretty distant. It was a shock when you heard someone was positive. This wave I feel like absolutely everyone I know lives with someone who is positive, is positive themselves, etc. It seems like it's absolutely screaming in my face. 

The scary part is if one of the next variants is just as contagious as Omicron but much more deadly.  That is the nightmare scenario. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

21 hours ago, addout said:

Okay, following that line. You have a cancer patient who has a seriously compromised immune system which is the result of their medical treatment. The cancer patient becomes ill with a common cold. The cold progresses and the cancer patient develops an acute respirator infection resulting in eventual multiple organ failure. The cancer patient dies in spite of the efforts of the medical staff. The question is what did the cancer patient die from or to phrase it another way, What killed the patient?

A. The Cancer.

B. The common cold.

C. Multiple organ failure.

D. The medical staff who provided medical care.

E. The patient who may not have isolated their self properly.

F. All of the above.

G. A through E.

B is the primary cause of death. It is the most recent and immediate health issue that led to the person's death. The comorbidities will be listed on the death certificate also but the cold should go on the top line for cause of death.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

The scary part is if one of the next variants is just as contagious as Omicron but much more deadly.  That is the nightmare scenario. 

There is no real history of increased lethality in previous similar situations.  However, if the original was artificial, the follow-on "variants" may have artificial sources.  But in nature lethality typically will decrease. 

BTW, son and DIL now with it.  His co-worker had it and he worked from home for a couple of days following, but symptoms showed up on Sunday.  Positive test.  She showed symptoms overnight.  Likely the same result. 

 

16 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

There is no real history of increased lethality in previous similar situations.  However, if the original was artificial, the follow-on "variants" may have artificial sources.  But in nature lethality typically will decrease. 

BTW, son and DIL now with it.  His co-worker had it and he worked from home for a couple of days following, but symptoms showed up on Sunday.  Positive test.  She showed symptoms overnight.  Likely the same result. 

 

I remember when this pandemic first started, reading that the reason the virus was so bad was because the human body didn’t recognize it and therefore had no defense for it. As the virus mutates it would become “more human”, meaning our body would recognize it making the virus less virulent with each strain.

That being said, I can’t quote the source, so I can’t say how true this is.  However, I like to think there is some truth to it.

My brother just got the virus for the third time.  Not sick, just tested because he was going to be around our elderly father. It truly is everywhere, but oddly enough, I am not as concerned as I was two years ago, and I take care of Covid positive patients at work.  There is only so much you can do, and I don’t want to hide in my house.  I got vaccinated, and take extra vitamin C and Zinc, and wear a mask when I have to.

26 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

There is no real history of increased lethality in previous similar situations.  However, if the original was artificial, the follow-on "variants" may have artificial sources.  But in nature lethality typically will decrease. 

BTW, son and DIL now with it.  His co-worker had it and he worked from home for a couple of days following, but symptoms showed up on Sunday.  Positive test.  She showed symptoms overnight.  Likely the same result. 

 

 

16 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I remember when this pandemic first started, reading that the reason the virus was so bad was because the human body didn’t recognize it and therefore had no defense for it. As the virus mutates it would become “more human”, meaning our body would recognize it making the virus less virulent with each strain.

That being said, I can’t quote the source, so I can’t say how true this is.  However, I like to think there is some truth to it.

My brother just got the virus for the third time.  Not sick, just tested because he was going to be around our elderly father. It truly is everywhere, but oddly enough, I am not as concerned as I was two years ago, and I take care of Covid positive patients at work.  There is only so much you can do, and I don’t want to hide in my house.  I got vaccinated, and take extra vitamin C and Zinc, and wear a mask when I have to.

@Bluegrasscard that is exactly my understanding and thinking on variants.

@Beechwoodfan as one of our resident experts I so hope you are right on it becoming "more human" and if so there may be light at the end of the tunnel soon.

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

@Bluegrasscard that is exactly my understanding and thinking on variants.

@Beechwoodfan as one of our resident experts I so hope you are right on it becoming "more human" and if so there may be light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Just remember, I am not a doctor.  I just play one on BGP!

2 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Just remember, I am not a doctor.  I just play one on BGP!

I have always related better to nurses than doctors so we are good. 

31 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

I remember when this pandemic first started, reading that the reason the virus was so bad was because the human body didn’t recognize it and therefore had no defense for it. As the virus mutates it would become “more human”, meaning our body would recognize it making the virus less virulent with each strain.

That being said, I can’t quote the source, so I can’t say how true this is.  However, I like to think there is some truth to it.

My brother just got the virus for the third time.  Not sick, just tested because he was going to be around our elderly father. It truly is everywhere, but oddly enough, I am not as concerned as I was two years ago.  There is only so much you can do, and I don’t want to hide in my house.  I got vaccinated, and take extra vitamin C and Zinc, and wear a mask when I have to.

Put some D in that regiment.  But as a forum doctor you probably know that. 

When I and the Mrs. had it last November (2020) it was like the body did not know what to do.  I had no fever, she had very mild fever early on but then none.  I was down less than a week, her for almost 3 weeks.  

Since then though, knock on wood, nothing for either of us - COVID or otherwise.  She usually has 2 or 3 spats of something per year.  But nothing since then.  We are hitting the immune system gummies harder and consistently.  There are studies that show inverse correlation of COVID fatality and Vitamin-D level.  In theory at 50 mg/mL of D your supposed to be in real good position.  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34684596/

 

 

1 hour ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Put some D in that regiment.  But as a forum doctor you probably know that. 

When I and the Mrs. had it last November (2020) it was like the body did not know what to do.  I had no fever, she had very mild fever early on but then none.  I was down less than a week, her for almost 3 weeks.  

Since then though, knock on wood, nothing for either of us - COVID or otherwise.  She usually has 2 or 3 spats of something per year.  But nothing since then.  We are hitting the immune system gummies harder and consistently.  There are studies that show inverse correlation of COVID fatality and Vitamin-D level.  In theory at 50 mg/mL of D your supposed to be in real good position.  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34684596/

 

 

Lol, I have been taking D prior to Covid.  The mister had some arthritis issues.  His doctor recommended taking it so I did too.  I plan on living forever!

 

On 1/10/2022 at 6:00 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

160.74 today.

169.27 today.

Not sure if this was captured here. 

NCAA now recognizes "natural immunity" as "fully vaccinated" in the new guidelines.  At least in terms of an infection within last 90 days. 

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-ncaa-releases-updated-covid-19-guidance-for-winter-sports

A person who has had a documented COVID-19 infection in the past 90 days is considered the equivalent of "fully vaccinated."

 

1 hour ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Not sure if this was captured here. 

NCAA now recognizes "natural immunity" as "fully vaccinated" in the new guidelines.  At least in terms of an infection within last 90 days. 

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-ncaa-releases-updated-covid-19-guidance-for-winter-sports

A person who has had a documented COVID-19 infection in the past 90 days is considered the equivalent of "fully vaccinated."

 

Now do that for corporate America. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.