Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

The good thing is in about 6 months the Pfizer pill supply should be much better and plus throw in the natural immunity and vaccination and then just have a endemic virus like the flu or cold viruses.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

The good thing is in about 6 months the Pfizer pill supply should be much better and plus throw in the natural immunity and vaccination and then just have a endemic virus like the flu or cold viruses.

I am very excited about the pills, I think that is exactly what we need.  Now with that said, testing is going to need to be way better to where you can test and then get your script within 2 or 3 hours.  There is no reason it can't be done through telemedicine (at least the script) just like Viagra which as crazy as it sounds may also be effective as a therapeutic.  

  • Author
57 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am very excited about the pills, I think that is exactly what we need.  Now with that said, testing is going to need to be way better to where you can test and then get your script within 2 or 3 hours.  There is no reason it can't be done through telemedicine (at least the script) just like Viagra which as crazy as it sounds may also be effective as a therapeutic.  

Agreed. And (I’m sure we have improved ten fold) testing is going to have to get a lot more accurate for all of this to be effective too.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

I am very excited about the pills, I think that is exactly what we need.  Now with that said, testing is going to need to be way better to where you can test and then get your script within 2 or 3 hours.  There is no reason it can't be done through telemedicine (at least the script) just like Viagra which as crazy as it sounds may also be effective as a therapeutic.  

That's what she said. 

The Rona got me.  I actually had a home test that came up negative on Friday, but wife took the same today and came up positive.  She's just now developing the dry cough that I've had for days.  Thursday and Friday the cough was so bad that I thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen at times.  Got very light headed.  Fever didn't pop until yesterday - woke up with a 101.3 fever.  That broke very quickly.  Cough actually improved yesterday despite the fever, and has been even better today.  Back aches some, still feels like I've been punched in the chest repeatedly.  I attribute both to the severity of the cough.  I had literally just scheduled my booster - was supposed to go on the 19th.  Last vaccine shot was way back in March.

We'd had some close calls on exposures - I was beginning to think we were naturally immune.  Oops.

I hate to hear that DF.  

Take care of your wife. 

1 hour ago, DragonFire said:

The Rona got me.  I actually had a home test that came up negative on Friday, but wife took the same today and came up positive.  She's just now developing the dry cough that I've had for days.  Thursday and Friday the cough was so bad that I thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen at times.  Got very light headed.  Fever didn't pop until yesterday - woke up with a 101.3 fever.  That broke very quickly.  Cough actually improved yesterday despite the fever, and has been even better today.  Back aches some, still feels like I've been punched in the chest repeatedly.  I attribute both to the severity of the cough.  I had literally just scheduled my booster - was supposed to go on the 19th.  Last vaccine shot was way back in March.

We'd had some close calls on exposures - I was beginning to think we were naturally immune.  Oops.

Get to feeling better soon.  No need for the booster now, glass half full approach. ?

My cousin's husband and my local doctor both passed away from covid pneumonia this past week.

I've posted very little on this subject, basically because it's hard to form a concrete opinion when the "facts" seem to change weekly. I feel that everyone has dug their heels in and at this point refuse to move off of that position. 

Pro-vaccine people believe the vaccine makes it safe to eat in restaurants, go to the movies and other public events. At the same time they want to bar the unvaccinated from all of those events including going to work or school.

Anti-vaccine people seem to believe that the vaccine is some grand conspiracy, it's unsafe and infringes on their freedom. They use the fact that vaccinated people still catch covid as proof the vaccines don't work.

In truth the vaccine has never been about preventing you from catching the virus. The vaccine is however supposed to mitigate the damage the virus does, making it much more survivable. Also even the vaccinated can spread the virus, so these vaccine mandates by businesses and others do nothing to really stop the spread. They are just people doing something for the sake of doing something. 

I also think many deaths attributed to covid are just people that died of other causes that also happened to have covid. 

I'm not a doctor, scientist or expert in any way...but every person that I personally know, except one with many other health conditions, that have died from covid have been unvaccinated. That seems to be a big clue, to me.

I pray that all BGPers and families stay safe.

3 hours ago, DragonFire said:

The Rona got me.  I actually had a home test that came up negative on Friday, but wife took the same today and came up positive.  She's just now developing the dry cough that I've had for days.  Thursday and Friday the cough was so bad that I thought I was going to pass out from lack of oxygen at times.  Got very light headed.  Fever didn't pop until yesterday - woke up with a 101.3 fever.  That broke very quickly.  Cough actually improved yesterday despite the fever, and has been even better today.  Back aches some, still feels like I've been punched in the chest repeatedly.  I attribute both to the severity of the cough.  I had literally just scheduled my booster - was supposed to go on the 19th.  Last vaccine shot was way back in March.

We'd had some close calls on exposures - I was beginning to think we were naturally immune.  Oops.

Prayers to you and your family for a fast and full recovery.

22 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

The good thing is in about 6 months the Pfizer pill supply should be much better and plus throw in the natural immunity and vaccination and then just have a endemic virus like the flu or cold viruses.

Will people take the pills? Why would they take the pill that is far less proven than the vaccine?

Next question.

A person has a heart condition. They have lived with this heart condition for the past couple years and should be able to live for years with the heart issue. They get COVID and die. Is cause of death the heart condition or COVID?

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Will people take the pills? Why would they take the pill that is far less proven than the vaccine?

I would say so because if you get a pill means you have covid with symptoms which is different from healthy person taking vaccine. Extra motivation for pill being positive with symptoms.

It is stunning how many people I personally know of who have COVID right now. I have said since early summer that everyone is going to get it by end of 2021 and I don't think I am too far off on that. I think by mid February, if not sooner, we will be at herd immunity. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.