Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Beechwoodfan said:

We all keep hearing statistics about how many people are hospitalized with Covid 19. In my hospital every single person admitted to the hospital gets a Covid 19 test  I am pretty sure every hospital does this.

I personally do these tests and I know the in vast majority of positive results I have seen, the patients have no symptoms at all, yet they are still hospitalized for other reasons. Technically, they are hospitalized WITH Covid, but not FOR Covid. I am curious as to whether all positive results are being lumped into all sick positive results.  It might very well, as even non sick Covid patients still require isolation with all the cost and labor that goes into it.

Make no mistake, there are still plenty of sick Covid patients, but more and more, I question some of the statistics out there.

 

I hear what you are saying. COVID positivity was an important metric early on, but not as much now, imo.

I think a good statistic my local hospital network uses is vaccinated patients vs. hospitalizations, ICU stays, and ventilators. In all three instances, the overwhelming makeup of hospitalizations, ICU admissions, and ventilators are being used by the unvaccinated. We are not talking a 60-40 split, but more like 90-10. People still discredit it, but what are you going to do? They've done their own "research" on the vaccine.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I still believe Derek Thompson's reporting on COVID from the start has been the best. He was way ahead of the curve in saying we were fighting an imaginary war with disinfecting surfaces, being outside for filtration was crucial, and that overwhelming evidence points to the unvaccinated being at the greatest risk, despite attempts to discredit it. 

Last week he broke down the three different battle phases of COVID.

1. This is very serious vs. this is no worse than the flu battle.
2. Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated
3. Vaccinated, still overly cautious to a fault vs. Vaccinated, we've done all we can do, it is time to move on.

48 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I still believe Derek Thompson's reporting on COVID from the start has been the best. He was way ahead of the curve in saying we were fighting an imaginary war with disinfecting surfaces, being outside for filtration was crucial, and that overwhelming evidence points to the unvaccinated being at the greatest risk, despite attempts to discredit it. 

Last week he broke down the three different battle phases of COVID.

1. This is very serious vs. this is no worse than the flu battle.
2. Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated
3. Vaccinated, still overly cautious to a fault vs. Vaccinated, we've done all we can do, it is time to move on.

I don't know who Derek Thompson is, but he hit the nail on the head with those three battles.

15 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I don't know who Derek Thompson is, but he hit the nail on the head with those three battles.

He is an investigative reporter for The Atlantic. He has appeared on Bill Simmons a handful of times to discuss COVID and he does a tremendous job breaking down everything into "Plain English," which is the title of his new podcast on Spotify.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

I still believe Derek Thompson's reporting on COVID from the start has been the best. He was way ahead of the curve in saying we were fighting an imaginary war with disinfecting surfaces, being outside for filtration was crucial, and that overwhelming evidence points to the unvaccinated being at the greatest risk, despite attempts to discredit it. 

Last week he broke down the three different battle phases of COVID.

1. This is very serious vs. this is no worse than the flu battle.
2. Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated
3. Vaccinated, still overly cautious to a fault vs. Vaccinated, we've done all we can do, it is time to move on.

I assume we are mostly at number 3 now, can you expand on that for us based on what Derek Thompson is saying/recommending?

2 hours ago, bugatti said:

I still believe Derek Thompson's reporting on COVID from the start has been the best. He was way ahead of the curve in saying we were fighting an imaginary war with disinfecting surfaces, being outside for filtration was crucial, and that overwhelming evidence points to the unvaccinated being at the greatest risk, despite attempts to discredit it. 

Last week he broke down the three different battle phases of COVID.

1. This is very serious vs. this is no worse than the flu battle.
2. Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated
3. Vaccinated, still overly cautious to a fault vs. Vaccinated, we've done all we can do, it is time to move on.

I think we are still at #2 until the unvaccinated get COVID antibodies in their system. In deaths per 1M people, 8 of the 10 worst states are in the south (including AZ in those 8).

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

I assume we are mostly at number 3 now, can you expand on that for us based on what Derek Thompson is saying/recommending?

He was simply analyzing data, not necessarily providing a recommendation.

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think we are still at #2 until the unvaccinated get COVID antibodies in their system. In deaths per 1M people, 8 of the 10 worst states are in the south (including AZ in those 8).

I don't think he was saying we have graduated from one to another, simply saying that there have been three main phases of divisions since March 2020.

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I don't think he was saying we have graduated from one to another, simply saying that there have been three main phases of divisions since March 2020.

In that case, I see #1 and #2 being the same. 

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

In that case, I see #1 and #2 being the same. 

Yes, it is mostly the same group of people. But again, that wasn't really the point he was getting at on the podcast.

On 1/2/2022 at 10:22 PM, Beechwoodfan said:

Spreading like the flu. Not a popular opinion, but I wish people would stop getting tested (unless it would be via private home test, or if you are truly sick ), so the hysteria would die down. I have several Covid positive coworkers staying home from work who are not sick at all. Same with some people in my community. Some actually wanted to be positive, so they could take time off with their kids during the Holidays.  Others wanted to be positive so they could avoid their families all together.

We all know it is here, we all know what we should/shouldn’t do.  It is not going away. Wash you hands, cover your mouth when you cough, and stay home when you are sick.

I just heard on 700 WLW that Xavier sporting events are going to start requiring proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the event if the person is not fully vaccinated.  So much for people not getting tested, who don't really need to be tested.  

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I think we are still at #2 until the unvaccinated get COVID antibodies in their system. In deaths per 1M people, 8 of the 10 worst states are in the south (including AZ in those 8).

I think that there's still a battle at #2 per se, but there's not a lot of shots still being fired.  Pretty much everybody has declared what side they're on, and dug their heels in.

I think the biggest battle that's being waged right now, is #3.  I know that's where my wife and I are at (and are different sides).

1. This is very serious vs. this is no worse than the flu battle.

Omicron is probably similar to the flu in terms of serious illness or death and maybe even less on death but either way continually beating the flu/COVID comparison drum is mostly useless. 


2. Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated

Everyone can carry and spread COVID so there is no sense in debating this at all.  To each their own.


3. Vaccinated, still overly cautious to a fault vs. Vaccinated, we've done all we can do, it is time to move on.

This one is human nature but neither side should be able to force their way of thinking on the other side. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

109.36 today for the state.

122.42 today.

8 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I just heard on 700 WLW that Xavier sporting events are going to start requiring proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the event if the person is not fully vaccinated.  So much for people not getting tested, who don't really need to be tested.  

Don't go to the game. Money wins...all the time!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.