Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

My youngest son (who lives with us) and my daughter (who does not live with us) have come down with Covid in the last 3 days. Like my wife a few weeks ago, symptoms are very minor. I'm the only one in my family who has thus far avoided this. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

4 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

My youngest son (who lives with us) and my daughter (who does not live with us) have come down with Covid in the last 3 days. Like my wife a few weeks ago, symptoms are very minor. I'm the only one in my family who has thus far avoided this. 

My father in law came down with it yesterday and my step dad has it. Amazing how fast the virus is spreading.

5 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

My father in law came down with it yesterday and my step dad has it. Amazing how fast the virus is spreading.

Spreading like the flu. Not a popular opinion, but I wish people would stop getting tested (unless it would be via private home test, or if you are truly sick ), so the hysteria would die down. I have several Covid positive coworkers staying home from work who are not sick at all. Same with some people in my community. Some actually wanted to be positive, so they could take time off with their kids during the Holidays.  Others wanted to be positive so they could avoid their families all together.

We all know it is here, we all know what we should/shouldn’t do.  It is not going away. Wash you hands, cover your mouth when you cough, and stay home when you are sick.

45 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Spreading like the flu. Not a popular opinion, but I wish people would stop getting tested (unless it would be via private home test, or if you are truly sick ), so the hysteria would die down. I have several Covid positive coworkers staying home from work who are not sick at all. Same with some people in my community. Some actually wanted to be positive, so they could take time off with their kids during the Holidays.  Others wanted to be positive so they could avoid their families all together.

We all know it is here, we all know what we should/shouldn’t do.  It is not going away. Wash you hands, cover your mouth when you cough, and stay home when you are sick.

I know people are getting tested because were around people who tested positive. I wouldn't consider getting tested unless have symptoms.

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I know people are getting tested because were around people who tested positive. I wouldn't consider getting tested unless have symptoms.

You can blame that on the contact tracing. At school basketball events, birthday parties, etc.. if one person tests positive and then reports it... it takes out an entire team/family for two weeks. Going through it now. Baseball and summer sports don't have to go through anything remotely close to this. Nature of the season I guess. 

 

My basketball team skirted through last season without any problem... this season everyone and their brother are getting tested. Haven't had a full team since November. 

On 1/2/2022 at 9:56 AM, Run To State said:

I wonder if you had the flu. Hope you're feeling much better now!

Tested negative for both Flu A and Flu B.   Still haven't got over the cough but my energy came back after about 48  hours once I got a steroid shot.  My youngest daughter had similar symptoms the week before Christmas, but she never got tested.  My oldest daughter has the same symptoms now.  She tested negative for Covid and Flu also.   Her congestion and pressure in her ears got so bad that one of her eardrum ruptured.  

4 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

Tested negative for both Flu A and Flu B.   Still haven't got over the cough but my energy came back after about 48  hours once I got a steroid shot.  My youngest daughter had similar symptoms the week before Christmas, but she never got tested.  My oldest daughter has the same symptoms now.  She tested negative for Covid and Flu also.   Her congestion and pressure in her ears got so bad that one of her eardrum ruptured.  

I hear more and more about how many times COVID tests are not accurate.

Something is going around that is not the Flu so it is either the "Cron" no matter what the test said or something else.  Several, several people I am close with and know have had something, I assume the Cron. 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:25 PM, nkypete said:

I've had that annoying cough for 4-5 weeks.  Negative COVID-19 test.  Just feel tired.  No other symptoms.  They doubled my reflux medicine and it hasn't helped.  Nobody has a clue to help me with it.  CT scan clean.  No pneumonia.  

I had the same thing back towards the end of October.  My mom and dad got the same thing just a couple of days after me seeing them.  All 3 of us had negative Covid tests.  All 3 of us took a good month to get over.  I know I personally took 4 different cough medicines, just trying to find something that would work.

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

I hear more and more about how many times COVID tests are not accurate.

Something is going around that is not the Flu so it is either the "Cron" no matter what the test said or something else.  Several, several people I am close with and know have had something, I assume the Cron. 

Despite my negative test, I do wonder if I could have had it.  I've never had a cold that kept me from getting out of bed.  I spent basically all of Christmas day in bed.  Everytime I'd tell my self that I was going to get up for while after about a minute or two I was right back under the covers.  I had as little energy as I can ever remember. 

1 hour ago, Irish Cat said:

Despite my negative test, I do wonder if I could have had it.  I've never had a cold that kept me from getting out of bed.  I spent basically all of Christmas day in bed.  Everytime I'd tell my self that I was going to get up for while after about a minute or two I was right back under the covers.  I had as little energy as I can ever remember. 

Common sense says you either had it or lookout something else is on the loose.

On 1/1/2022 at 3:03 PM, theguru said:

Hopefully natural immunity expands greatly across the globe. 

That doctor that was reviewing things out of South Africa that I referenced earlier, said there appears to be signs that while the antibodies from the original Covid and Delta variation don't seem to work against Corona...the opposite doesn't appear to be the case.  (Meaning the Corona antibodies DO fight off Delta, etc.)  So, if that's the case, one of the weapons against Delta, might be all the people getting Corona.

3 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

That doctor that was reviewing things out of South Africa that I referenced earlier, said there appears to be signs that while the antibodies from the original Covid and Delta variation don't seem to work against Corona...the opposite doesn't appear to be the case.  (Meaning the Corona antibodies DO fight off Delta, etc.)  So, if that's the case, one of the weapons against Delta, might be all the people getting Corona.

I would think the more variants you get the more protected you will be. 

State rate was 100.54 today. Jefferson County was 186. Got to be close to peak with those numbers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.