Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

16 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Part of me agrees, but part of me acknowledges that we don't know the long-term ramifications (if they exist) of the vaccine/boosters.

This is true. But there has never been a vaccine created and used that we knew with certainty the long term ramifications.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is true. But there has never been a vaccine created and used that we knew with certainty the long term ramifications.

Not only that, but what long term affects are you worried about that have commonly been seen in vaccines? I'd say the long term affects of being unvaccinated and catching the virus are much worse than the any long term affects of the vaccine. This long term affects argument is just another one of those excuses that just doesn't carry any weight.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:03 AM, Irish Cat said:

Not everyone who is overweight is so as a result of lifestyle choices.  Some medical conditions, such as hypothyroidism for example can lead to obesity.  

No doubt IC but here we go with your weight means your rate will increase, your hypothyroidism means your rate will increase, the combination of your weight and your hypothyroidism means your rate will increase, and the fact that you have hypothyroidism and you don't take extra precautions/actions to keep your weight down means your rate will increase.  That is how this will work. 

On 12/18/2021 at 10:24 PM, Beechwoodfan said:

For sure.  Do you smoke, drink, take drugs or eat fatty foods?  How much do you weigh?  Do you exercise?  How many partners have you had?  If you dissect everyone’s life choices, few of us would pass muster.

That being said, I wonder how many are refusing the vaccine because it is mandated in so many places.  Some people take a stand because they don’t want to be forced to do anything.

One of the "fitness groups" I am in just posted this:

future.jpg

I just saw a news story about a COVID outbreak on a cruise ship.  48 cases, 47 of them were vaccinated, the lone unvaccinated may have been a child under 12 because they are not required to be vaccinated.  The good news is the cases were all in the mild range. 

17 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Not only that, but what long term affects are you worried about that have commonly been seen in vaccines? I'd say the long term affects of being unvaccinated and catching the virus are much worse than the any long term affects of the vaccine. This long term affects argument is just another one of those excuses that just doesn't carry any weight.

The doctor who treated my uncle who died of Covid did not dismiss the possibility of long-term ramifications.  She acknowledged that we don't know what this vaccine may or may not do in the long-run. 

But she rightly stated that the vaccine does offer protection now and encouraged our family to get it.  I already had it, but most did not at the time, including my niece who works as a respiratory therapist at UC.  My family is now vaccinated, but they all had long-term concerns. To dismiss those concerns as not carrying any weight is quite arrogant. 

22 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is true. But there has never been a vaccine created and used that we knew with certainty the long term ramifications.

I agree with that, which is why I did not consider them.  But some others are different and I understand.  I still encourage vaccinations for people, but I don't think it would be right to dismiss all concerns. 

 I agree that we can't know for sure about long term impact until we have the vaccine for the long term.  Short term we have billions of vaccinations administered that show there are no short term concerns.  With that, if we are going to wait for the long term results to determine whether we take a vaccine, that means we live with COVID running rampant worldwide on an unvaccinated population for how many years? What would the death toll be annually with no vaccine? What would the economic impact be?

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

The doctor who treated my uncle who died of Covid did not dismiss the possibility of long-term ramifications.  She acknowledged that we don't know what this vaccine may or may not do in the long-run. 

But she rightly stated that the vaccine does offer protection now and encouraged our family to get it.  I already had it, but most did not at the time, including my niece who works as a respiratory therapist at UC.  My family is now vaccinated, but they all had long-term concerns. To dismiss those concerns as not carrying any weight is quite arrogant. 

Again, it’s pretty clear that the vaccine can help prevent Covid, or at worst lessen its impact if you happen to get it. The track record of vaccines over the last 50+ years and the potentially devastating short term effects of catching any disease we have a vaccine for makes me confident that long term effects of this vaccine isn’t something I will likely have to worry about. It comes down to the short term effects of the disease are likely worse than any potential long term affect, especially if you are in one of the higher risk categories.

 

3 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Again, it’s pretty clear that the vaccine can help prevent Covid, or at worst lessen its impact if you happen to get it. The track record of vaccines over the last 50+ years and the potentially devastating short term effects of catching any disease we have a vaccine for makes me confident that long term effects of this vaccine isn’t something I will likely have to worry about. It comes down to the short term effects of the disease are likely worse than any potential long term affect, especially if you are in one of the higher risk categories.

 

The short-term gain supersedes potential long-term risks for me.  I would think older folks and higher risk individuals would feel the same way. 

But it would be unfair, in my opinion, to dismiss a young woman who wonders about fertility issues that might be attached to the vaccine.  I think it would be arrogant to dismiss her concerns. 

9 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Again, it’s pretty clear that the vaccine can help prevent Covid, or at worst lessen its impact if you happen to get it. The track record of vaccines over the last 50+ years and the potentially devastating short term effects of catching any disease we have a vaccine for makes me confident that long term effects of this vaccine isn’t something I will likely have to worry about. It comes down to the short term effects of the disease are likely worse than any potential long term affect, especially if you are in one of the higher risk categories.

 

I agree with everything you say here.  I wholeheartedly disagree that long-term concerns don't carry any weight. 

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

I agree with everything you say here.  I wholeheartedly disagree that long-term concerns don't carry any weight. 

Agree and would add since at this point there is no end in sight to the "boosters" that adds to any long term concerns. 

5 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

 

That didn't take long.

37 minutes ago, theguru said:

That didn't take long.

No doubt. Going to race through and peak in January.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.