Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

On 12/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

43.49 today. Has gone up since 11/24 but doesn't look like big spike has happened.

43.53 today.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

  • Author
9 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

43.53 today.

Why do you think we are seeing an increase? 

7 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Why do you think we are seeing an increase? 

I would say seasonality since winter people are indoors more. Could also be from Omicron variant which is more contagious than Delta variant. I saw where it's predicted that Omicron is so infectious that should peak around 3rd week of January. So far haven't seen huge growth in Kentucky so hopefully stays that way. At peak of Delta wave was up in 80's rate statewide.

8 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I would say seasonality since winter people are indoors more. Could also be from Omicron variant which is more contagious than Delta variant. I saw where it's predicted that Omicron is so infectious that should peak around 3rd week of January. So far haven't seen huge growth in Kentucky so hopefully stays that way. At peak of Delta wave was up in 80's rate statewide.

I have seen news reports that claim Omicron grows at 70 times the rate of Delta. 

Just now, theguru said:

I have seen news reports that claim Omicron grows at 70 times the rate of Delta. 

I also saw news report that it is more in upper respiratory and less the lungs so why hospitalization rate is lower with it.

16 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I also saw news report that it is more in upper respiratory and less the lungs so why hospitalization rate is lower with it.

There is definitely an upper respiratory infection going around NKY right now.  I also just saw a chart that said Omicron has been found in 39 states but KY and IN were not among the 39.  

Finally I am thinking everyone is going to be exposed to Omicron.  Hopefully it is mild for everyone and boosts our herd immunity on the planet.  

1st Omicron case has been identified in KY. Although this is first there probably is more here.

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

1st Omicron case has been identified in KY. Although this is first there probably is more here.

I saw that earlier. Did they release where it was?

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

I saw that earlier. Did they release where it was?

I didn't see where. 

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I heard a report yesterday that Omicron was found in 100% of the samples of Florida waste water.  There clearly is no stopping Omicron from spreading. 

Just now, theguru said:

I heard a report yesterday that Omicron was found in 100% of the samples of Florida waste water.  There clearly is no stopping Omicron from spreading. 

I agree. Silver lining is it's so infectious that it will race through population and peak sooner than Delta which was around two months.

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

I agree. Silver lining is it's so infectious that it will race through population and peak sooner than Delta which was around two months.

And again hopefully add to worldwide herd immunity. 

With the recent spike of COVID-19 cases, Immanuel Quickley is taking extra precautions:

“I've been showering with my mask on.”

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.