Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Just now, TheDeuce said:

The flu doesn't come and go. There is a "season" because that's when it's the most active, but people get the flu all throughout the year. 

Not in the same way as COVID, there is definitely a difference, and I knew as soon as I posted that this was coming. ?

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think the problem with that logic is the flu comes and goes each year, COVID is with us 24/7/365 meaning it doesn't fit into a calendar year for prevention. 

It may turn out that all you need is 3 like Hep B series but only will know with time. Flu have to get every year because mutates. Flu has much larger genetic code than Covid so Covid may not mutate as much eliminating having to get shot every year. Once they approve the covid pill may not need to get vaccine and just get the pill if catch it.

51 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

Honest question here, how many boosters are you guys going to get?  What will make you decide not to get another booster?  

As many as I need. I get the flu shot every year, I get my tetanus boosters when required, etc, etc. I visit my doctor twice a year, my dentist 4x a year, my eye doctor once a year and so on. I visit my pharmacy once a month to pick up the prescriptions I need. Is all of this inconvenient? Sometimes. Is it all worth it? Yes. Not getting a booster once or twice a year because it's "too much" is like not washing your clothes because they are just going to get dirty again.

Just now, Tigerpride94 said:

It may turn out that all you need is 3 like Hep B series but only will know with time. Flu have to get every year because mutates. Flu has much larger genetic code than Covid so Covid may not mutate as much eliminating having to get shot every year. Once they approve the covid pill may not need to get vaccine and just get the pill if catch it.

Let's hope some type of pill will "solve" this.

Just now, rjs4470 said:

As many as I need. I get the flu shot every year, I get my tetanus boosters when required, etc, etc. I visit my doctor twice a year, my dentist 4x a year, my eye doctor once a year and so on. I visit my pharmacy once a month to pick up the prescriptions I need. Is all of this inconvenient? Sometimes. Is it all worth it? Yes. Not getting a booster once or twice a year because it's "too much" is like not washing your clothes because they are just going to get dirty again.

I am not standing in judgment of you or anyone that takes a covid shot(s), I am interested in your thinking/logic, that is all.

And it sounds like you go above and beyond to take care of yourself and I am sure your dentist loves you!

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

Let's hope some type of pill will "solve" this.

Yeah, in testing trials was 90% effective. Uses same mechanism as HIV drugs. Protease inhibitor which the virus needs protease to replicate so that's how it works.

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am not standing in judgment of you or anyone that takes a covid shot(s), I am interested in your thinking/logic, that is all.

And it sounds like you go above and beyond to take care of yourself and I am sure your dentist loves you!

I know the dentist part sounds obsessive, but I have found that getting my teeth cleaned 3 or 4 times a year prevents a much bigger, more expensive problem down the road. 

Just now, rjs4470 said:

I know the dentist part sounds obsessive, but I have found that getting my teeth cleaned 3 or 4 times a year prevents a much bigger, more expensive problem down the road. 

Do you have an Oral B or something similar for use at home?

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

Do you have an Oral B or something similar for use at home?

Waterpic and a spin brush. My issues are partially a result of going about 15 years without visiting a dentist. I literally have only had 2 cavities in my entire life, so for many years I subscribed to the idea I didn't need to see a dentist because I never had any problems. Plaque builds up very quickly for me, and if I don't get my teeth cleaned regularly, I need to get my teeth scaled every 18 months or so. 

Just now, rjs4470 said:

Waterpic and a spin brush. My issues are partially a result of going about 15 years without visiting a dentist. I literally have only had 2 cavities in my entire life, so for many years I subscribed to the idea I didn't need to see a dentist because I never had any problems. Plaque builds up very quickly for me, and if I don't get my teeth cleaned regularly, I need to get my teeth scaled every 18 months or so. 

You are very educated on dental care, good job!

Just now, theguru said:

You are very educated on dental care, good job!

Unfortunately, I completely ignored dental care from the age 18 until visiting occasionally in my mid 30's. I finally figured it all out about 10 years ago, which was about 22 years too late.

10 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Waterpic and a spin brush. My issues are partially a result of going about 15 years without visiting a dentist. I literally have only had 2 cavities in my entire life, so for many years I subscribed to the idea I didn't need to see a dentist because I never had any problems. Plaque builds up very quickly for me, and if I don't get my teeth cleaned regularly, I need to get my teeth scaled every 18 months or so. 

How do you like the Waterpik? I've been thinking about getting one because I HATE regular flossing.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

How do you like the Waterpik? I've been thinking about getting one because I HATE regular flossing.

It’s way easier than flossing, and it seems to be effective. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.