Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

14 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Had a friend of mine post on Facebook Sunday evening that his wife had suffered what they believe was a heart attack.  Said that, at the time, she was "sedated and stable", but that they were still trying to find a hospital that would treat her...after 20 hours.

The following day he posted that she had passed.  She was in her mid-50's.

So sad.

The report also said we had more data from Europe and it suggested the cardiac theory had traction there.

On 10/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, sportsfan41 said:

I’m on my cell phone so it’s hard to post links properly.  Hopefully this posts properly.  The first link shows the data I posted but most importantly that the mortality rate was 869.7 per 100,00 in 2019.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

The second link, also from CDC is mortality numbers from 2020.  About half way down, you’ll see where it says that in 2020, the mortality rate increased by 15.9% in 2020 up from 715.2 per 100,000 to 828.7 per 100,000   Definitely some funny math there.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm

Again, both links are from the CDC website. 

And here is your explanation on the difference in the numbers:

Mortality experience in 2019 • In 2019, a total of 2,854,838 resident deaths were registered in the United States, yielding a crude death rate of 869.7 per 100,000 population. • The age-adjusted death rate, which accounts for the aging of the population, was 715.2 deaths per 100,000 U.S. standard population

That is found is this link https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr70/nvsr70-08-508.pdf on the right hand side below Highlights. I figured a little digging into the numbers would provide the answer.

Some more interesting numbers on death rates from the @sportsfan41 links.

Suicides were lower in 2020 than 2019. I remember a lot of people claiming suicides would increase.

Deaths from the flu increased about 7.5%. The incidents of flu were almost non-existent yet flu deaths increased by 7.5%? Makes me wonder if the fake number reporting was COVID cases being called the flu by some. Was COVID actually underreported? I would like to see a state by state report of those numbers. In fact, there were large increases in some other categories also. Was it really a stroke, or was it COVID? Heart disease or COVID?

The COVID total deaths in 2020 were 345,323. Currently we are at a total of about 750,000 COVID deaths. So we are now over 400,000 deaths in 2021. My guesstimate based on numbers I have seen is 385,000+ of those are unvaccinated people. 

There is a nice table showing the top causes of death from 2015-2020 in this link.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234

Continuing from above. 

Total deaths in 2020 increased by 503,976 with 345,323 of those COVID. That is about a 150,000 increase in "other causes". In the previous 4 years the largest total increase in any year was 69,000. Why the large increase in other causes in 2020? Was COVID underreported? There are some funny numbers for you. 

11 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Continuing from above. 

Total deaths in 2020 increased by 503,976 with 345,323 of those COVID. That is about a 150,000 increase in "other causes". In the previous 4 years the largest total increase in any year was 69,000. Why the large increase in other causes in 2020? Was COVID underreported? There are some funny numbers for you. 

So do we still blame a bat?  Forgive me for being skeptical on the numbers but I still am. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

So do we still blame a bat?  Forgive me for being skeptical on the numbers but I still am. 

What does a bat or the origin have to do with anything on the numbers?

I am skeptical on the numbers too. I think COVID deaths have been underreported, especially after looking at the numbers in the links you connected me to.

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What does a bat or the origin have to do with anything on the numbers?

I am skeptical on the numbers too. I think COVID deaths have been underreported, especially after looking at the numbers in the links you connected me to.

You didn't answer the question.  Bat's fault?

3 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

You didn't answer the question.  Bat's fault?

The way I understand it there is no evidence to connect any animal to a natural origin of COVID and "the scientists" have looked at hundreds if not thousands of potential animals.  

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I have no idea and I don't think anyone else does either.

I think we have a pretty good idea.  No animals "match up" for a natural origin and the Wuhan Lab works on gain of function research with coronaviruses. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, TheDeuce said:

If there's one positive from Covid, it's that people care about health issues they literally never cared about before. 

I agree but I wish the powers that be would make a much greater effort educating everyone about fitness, maintaining a proper weight, and maybe a visit to an Endocrinologist to find any deficiencies (e.g. Vitamin D).  There is no telling how many lives that may have/would save.