Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Closing in on 750,000 deaths in the US. But nothing to report there.

Almost 5,000,000 dead worldwide. But roll on. It's all a hoax. Just ignore it.

Are we blaming the vaccine now for giving false hope to the vaccinated folks laying in the hospital?  Or is that not happening yet?  It's hard to keep track. 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Are we blaming the vaccine now for giving false hope to the vaccinated folks laying in the hospital?  Or is that not happening yet?  It's hard to keep track. 

You mean the 2 vaccinated people laying alongside the 98 unvaccinated people in the hospital?

In the past 6 months almost 200,000 people have died from COVID and about 7,000 of those were vaccinated. Instead of wondering about false hope for those 7,000 people, it seems to me we should be worried about the 193,000 unvaccinated preventable deaths and why they died. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Increase in cases unrelated to "vaccine" rates - Harvard study published by NIH

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8481107/

"Interpretation

The sole reliance on vaccination as a primary strategy to mitigate COVID-19 and its adverse consequences needs to be re-examined,..."

I did not read the link but reading your conclusion, that sounds very logical to me. As we get new information, we keep updating how we manage our approach on fighting this virus.

What is completely illogical to me is people continuing not to get vaccinated at this point in time with all of the information and proof of safety there is.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

You mean the 2 vaccinated people laying alongside the 98 unvaccinated people in the hospital?

In the past 6 months almost 200,000 people have died from COVID and about 7,000 of those were vaccinated. Instead of wondering about false hope for those 7,000 people, it seems to me we should be worried about the 193,000 unvaccinated preventable deaths and why they died. 

The vaccination was their choice, so I think we have our answer. 

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is there a breakdown of those 200,000 by age, comorbidities, and any other data?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is there a breakdown of those 200,000 by age, comorbidities, and any other data?

I don't have a breakdown but I would expect the comorbidities and other data to be similar in the 2 groups, vaccinated and unvaccinated. Any way we slice those numbers, 193,000 unvaccinated dead vs 7,000 vaccinated dead has to be the strongest evidence yet in favor of getting vaccinated. The sad thing for me when I look at those numbers is I see 186,000 people who would still be here with their families if they were vaccinated - 186,000 preventable deaths.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't have a breakdown but I would expect the comorbidities and other data to be similar in the 2 groups, vaccinated and unvaccinated. Any way we slice those numbers, 193,000 unvaccinated dead vs 7,000 vaccinated dead has to be the strongest evidence yet in favor of getting vaccinated. The sad thing for me when I look at those numbers is I see 186,000 people who would still be here with their families if they were vaccinated - 186,000 preventable deaths.

If you have not been vaccinated and you do not have natural immunity I think you should strongly consider getting the vaccine but again it is more of a booster and not really a vaccine. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

If you have not been vaccinated and you do not have natural immunity I think you should strongly consider getting the vaccine but again it is more of a booster and not really a vaccine. 

I believe people who had COVID and recovered should get a card just like the people who have been vaccinated. I would like to see the total numbers of vaccinated plus naturally immunized people to see how close we are to herd immunity. I said months ago that by the end of the year nearly everyone in the US still living would have the antibodies - either by vaccine or by suffering and recovering from COVID. I  still believe that.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I believe people who had COVID and recovered should get a card just like the people who have been vaccinated. I would like to see the total numbers of vaccinated plus naturally immunized people to see how close we are to herd immunity. I said months ago that by the end of the year nearly everyone still living would have the antibodies- either by vaccine or by suffering and recovering from COVID. I  still believe that.

I remember and I say we are pretty much there, either you have been vaccinated or you have been exposed at some point, or both.