Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

I guess I need more of an explanation as to how the people that aren't vaccinated are putting you and I at a greater risk? 

 

On a side note, Fentanyl was the leading cause of death in the United States in 2021 for people aged 18-45, not Covid. 

Not being vaccinated leads to more deaths, more hospitalizations, and most importantly more mutations and variants. This threatens society being able to manage its way through the pandemic economically, provide healthcare and in allowing public activity. The more variants, the more risk to everyone. Someone else choosing to be unvaccinated adds risk to my personal health, risks my ability to earn an income and diminishes my quality of life in numerous ways. We have laws that prevent smoking in public. Why? Why shouldn't anyone be allowed to smoke any place and any time they want?

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Not being vaccinated leads to more deaths, more hospitalizations, and most importantly more mutations and variants. This threatens society being able to manage its way through the pandemic economically, provide healthcare and in allowing public activity. The more variants, the more risk to everyone. Someone else choosing to be unvaccinated adds risk to my personal health, risks my ability to earn an income and diminishes my quality of life in numerous ways. We have laws that prevent smoking in public. Why? Why shouldn't anyone be allowed to smoke any place and any time they want?

1. Not true at all. A simple Google search debunks this false claim.  Viruses go through mutations with or without vaccinated/unvaccinated peoples. Sources: John Hopkins & CDC

 

2. If you're not making records amount of income right now...that's on you. The opportunities are out there (unless you're Novak Djokovic, then I can understand). 

1 hour ago, Kentucky Windage said:

1. Not true at all. A simple Google search debunks this false claim.  Viruses go through mutations with or without vaccinated/unvaccinated peoples. Sources: John Hopkins & CDC

 

2. If you're not making records amount of income right now...that's on you. The opportunities are out there (unless you're Novak Djokovic, then I can understand). 

1. A simple google search is where I found the information.

2. I do just fine financially. I want that to continue and not get shut down by people who trust Russian  facebook posts over science. 

22 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Thank you for pointing out that error. I should have said 9 billion vaccine shots given. The people vaccinated is 4.6 billion. That gets us to about 60% of the world vaccinated.

60% of the world is vaccinated?  That seems like a really high percentage to me when considering many of the underdeveloped countries.  I haven't followed it but do  all the countries in South America and Africa have great access to vaccinations?  I wouldn't think they would but maybe I'm drastically generalizing.

Also, if a lot of people already had their booster, meaning often times a third shot, would that drive down the number of people much below 4.6 billion (since that is based on people having two shots), so really a lot less than 60%?

I'm not really trying to argue or debate but 60% just seems like a really high number to me.  If you said, 60% of developed countries, or whatever we call countries like the US And Europe, then I could maybe see that.  60% just really jumps out but maybe I'm admittedly ignorant and haven't kept up.

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Not being vaccinated leads to more deaths, more hospitalizations, and most importantly more mutations and variants. This threatens society being able to manage its way through the pandemic economically, provide healthcare and in allowing public activity. The more variants, the more risk to everyone. Someone else choosing to be unvaccinated adds risk to my personal health, risks my ability to earn an income and diminishes my quality of life in numerous ways. We have laws that prevent smoking in public. Why? Why shouldn't anyone be allowed to smoke any place and any time they want?

 

13 hours ago, Kentucky Windage said:

1. Not true at all. A simple Google search debunks this false claim.  Viruses go through mutations with or without vaccinated/unvaccinated peoples. Sources: John Hopkins & CDC

 

2. If you're not making records amount of income right now...that's on you. The opportunities are out there (unless you're Novak Djokovic, then I can understand). 

 

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

1. A simple google search is where I found the information.

2. I do just fine financially. I want that to continue and not get shut down by people who trust Russian  facebook posts over science. 

I just read over multiple articles on this and I don't think there is any scientific consensus. Also, when you don't consider natural immunity as a part of any equation (in this case variants/mutations) I don't see how anyone can confidently "prove" causation. Speculating here, but since anyone (unvaccinated, vaccinated, natural immunity, natural immunity and vaccinated) can contract and spread COVID I think common sense says everyone is capable of producing variants/mutations.

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

 

 

I just read over multiple articles on this and I don't think there is any scientific consensus. Also, when you don't consider natural immunity as a part of any equation (in this case variants/mutations) I don't see how anyone can confidently "prove" causation. Speculating here, but since anyone (unvaccinated, vaccinated, natural immunity, natural immunity and vaccinated) can contract and spread COVID I think common sense says everyone is capable of producing variants/mutations.

That’s why I’m having a hard time understanding outrage and frustration at people choosing not to get the vaccine.  It feels like people are upset because the unvaccinated, “are not trying as hard as me” but it ultimately means very little at this point aside from how well we may fare against the virus. 

17 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

 

The biggest reason that I could think the US may have higher hospitalizations etc is for the same reasons we have discussed for over a year now. Lifestyle choices and ultimately obesity. I heard the other day that currently 40% of Americans are obese and they project it to be 50% in a decade. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

The biggest reason that I could think the US may have higher hospitalizations etc is for the same reasons we have discussed for over a year now. Lifestyle choices and ultimately obesity. I heard the other day that currently 40% of Americans are obese and they project it to be 50% in a decade. 

Obesity is another elephant in the room when it comes to COVID.  In addition to ignoring natural immunity we do a poor job by not including obesity (and other comorbidities) as a metric when presenting the "science" of COVID to the masses. 

21 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

That’s why I’m having a hard time understanding outrage and frustration at people choosing not to get the vaccine.  It feels like people are upset because the unvaccinated, “are not trying as hard as me” but it ultimately means very little at this point aside from how well we may fare against the virus. 

I could go on a long rant here but to summarize it is just how people are. 

12 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

File this under Covid stupidity.

Hopefully mom went to jail. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

File this under Covid stupidity.

A lot of stories similar on both sides that never see the light of day.  Usually it’s the mass shootings that shed light on lack of help or acknowledgment of mental health problems within society. But I think Covid has really put a spotlight on the issue in a lot of ways. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.