Conner 38 Highlands 28

theguru

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly they could try and find another Dale, however they are under weight in their class.

From KHSAA Web Site.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69261[/ATTACH]

5A schools range 724 to 505 boys

4A schools range 552 to 430 boys

HHS average boys number is 486 and that is skewed due to two years (14-15) and (15-16).

Since this is a HHS vs Conner thread - Conner has an average boy number of 707. That is 221 more boys than HHS.

What!?!? You voluntarily play up in 5A and then bemoan your number of boys compared to your peers?

You can miss me with this narrative.

What!?!? You voluntarily play up in 5A and then bemoan your number of boys compared to your peers?

You can miss me with this narrative.

Post was presented to confirm that changes are needed in the future.

I have never been a fan of playing out of your class. Not even for the reason of travel expenses or rivalries. The players should come first by providing them the best chance to succeed against schools of like size.

2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Highlands played up, and were 5a State Champs. I do not believe they lost a single game to 5a competition during the span. Good Old Days to Excuse Making Days.

Much different time. Comparing apples and oranges.

Much different time. Comparing apples and oranges.

The 5a record from '07 and '10 is a lot different than recent years, yes. The results are quite different. Apples and Oranges due to the passing of time has several different sociological theories that could apply. I am sure the parents of the kids that go through the program have grown tired of hearing their kids don't have the talent.

Why would Chris Wolfe leave Male for Highlands if the job opens? Always has athletes, pretty good facilities, top notch competition, and I believe his wife's family is in that area. He could be nearing TRS retirement but if I recall he was out of education a couple of years. What about "retiring" to Trinity or another private in Louisville eventually??

Go back to where your from and turnaround your old schools future. Since Highlands hasn't been Highlands in a while.

Will he be able to bring players from Male with him lol? Different talent level from Highlands. That's why Highlands hasn't been Highlands for a while. Chris is a nice guy and a great coach. Have known him for 30+ years. If he were to come to the big FT---which would shock me--I would hope the fan base would treat him kindly. He was a HS and college teammate of Coach Weinrich. He understands the dynamic of the situation!

Edited by 9068
Mistake

They currently have two teams that play against other MS teams. Before that their youth program was often credited with the success of the HS. It was self contained which allowed the development of more players. I’m not sure where the idea comes from that they don’t play competitive youth football.

They currently have two teams that play against other MS teams. Before that their youth program was often credited with the success of the HS. It was self contained which allowed the development of more players. I’m not sure where the idea comes from that they don’t play competitive youth football.

Based on the results from the last few years, was the youth football league getting too much credit for the results of the varsity program in the past? Or has something changed with the youth program that they aren't sending players with enough fundamentals to the high school program? Or are not enough good players moving through?