Conner 38 Highlands 28

theguru

I agree, that is shocking.

For all Highlands' faults this year their defense has been solid until tonight.

I believe they played a lot of those defenders both ways tonight. I wonder if they wore down? Not easy chasing Conner's wide open offense all over the field and not getting a break.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never, ever, thought this Highlands defense would give up 38 points tonight. Shocking.

Congrats to Dave and his Cougars.

I agree, that is shocking.

For all Highlands' faults this year their defense has been solid until tonight.

Major congrats to Conner. I’ll gladly take a man-sized portion of Cougar Cajun Crow! I’m happy for Dave and his young men!

Well as you all know from my comments in the prediction thread, Conner winning doesn't surprise me at all. However, it being a high scoring game does surprise me.

As I said though I am not sure what Highlands had shown from their previous lost to Conner, that made people so sure the outcome would be different tonight. As I have said all year for both Highlands and Beechwood. People needed to stop looking at the name on the chest, and look at the actual product for this season. While still very good teams, they were not these superior teams compared to other teams this year. Plus now Conner already knew they could beat them, since they already did once. So going into tonight, there would have been zero doubt for them on if they could, because they knew they could already and it showed.

Well as you all know from my comments in the prediction thread, Conner winning doesn't surprise me at all. However, it being a high scoring game does surprise me.

As I said though I am not sure what Highlands had shown from their previous lost to Conner, that made people so sure the outcome would be different tonight. As I have said all year for both Highlands and Beechwood. People needed to stop looking at the name on the chest, and look at the actual product for this season. While still very good teams, they were not these superior teams compared to other teams this year. Plus now Conner already knew they could beat them, since they already did once. So going into tonight, there would have been zero doubt for them on if they could, because they knew they could already and it showed.

You're a smart guy @futurecoach and I will leave it at that.

I believe they played a lot of those defenders both ways tonight. I wonder if they wore down? Not easy chasing Conner's wide open offense all over the field and not getting a break.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t most HHS fans want their best players going both ways.

Edited by Mr. Sixer

Can someone tell me if this is the worst offensive scoring from a Highlands team ever? Teams are going for it on 4th down at midfield because they are not worried about giving the ball to Highlands offense. It seems like Highlands defense is on the field almost 3quarters a game. Great Win for Conner. I don't know where Highlands went at halftime but thought it was interesting that Conner stayed out in the cold weather on their sidelines.

You're a smart guy @futurecoach and I will leave it at that.

Quite honestly besides for Covcath. This is probably the most balanced NKY has been in awhile. In terms of having a lot of good but not great teams that could play and beat anyone of each other on any given night. It's kind of to bad that the playoffs are inter district this year. Would have been neat to see how some of the teams up here could have done in the first round against other districts, rather than knocking each other out in the first round.

Quite honestly besides for Covcath. This is probably the most balanced NKY has been in awhile. In terms of having a lot of good but not great teams that could play and beat anyone of each other on any given night. It's kind of to bad that the playoffs are inter district this year. Would have been neat to see how some of the teams up here could have done in the first round against other districts, rather than knocking each other out in the first round.

I was thinking the same thing tonight.

Spot on and could not agree more!

I think Highlands went to their executive buses they brought from Ft Thomas at half time.

Not being a football guy, I thought Highlands had some big plays. #14 was a tough cover for Conner all night, I think I would have thrown the ball to him all game.

Conner had some big plays, some big penalties, and some good option runs. Hicks started the game with a turnover and ended it with an interception, he lead the Cougars.

Good luck to my Cougars next week.