UT 17 UK 12

letabrotherspeak

- The defense played MUCH better this week. They were not arm tackling nearly as much as last week and were laying some shots.

- The offense moved the ball, but inside the red zone, missed opportunities.

UT seemed pumped as well. In years past, I thought the Vols came out flat in a few games that UK was in at the end. Today, UT played as hard as UK and barely came away with a win. Brooks echoed my sentiments on the game, "We had a chance to win the darned game but didn't get it done. But at least we had a chance."

The UK program is headed in the right direction and after this regular season which will see the Cats bowling, this UK fan can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Great season Cats and look forward to the exciting conclusion in whatever bowl I go see you guys play in! :thumb:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky was clearly the better team today. Left too many points on the field. The hardest I have seen the defense hit this year. They put some licks on the Vols. UT knew they had been in a dogfight. 410-335 in favor of UK in total yardage. The long pass Meacham caught in the 1st quarter, clearly out of bounds. Coach Brooks was going nuts. The officials told him if he wanted to challenge, he had to call a timeout. They didn't tell him this until UT had run the next play. Seems like there is always a screwy call whenever UK plays one of the top dogs in the Conference. I am proud of the Wildcats and will be at the bowl to watch them play.

The best thing of all is that instead of the season ending today, we get a bonus month of extra practices to develop players. I don't know that everyone realizes the importance of another month of player development. The Cats will be much improved next season - regardless of whether they win their bowl game or not.

I agree...having a extra month of pratice will be very nice for a change.

On Tennessee's TD in the first half, did anybody else think Ainge was just trying to throw it away?

Did the UT reciever's first foot come down out of bounds on the long pass in the fg drive in the first half? Why don't we challenge that?

When the UT running back had his bell rung and looked like he was knocked out, how does the ball lay trapped underneath him and not come out for a fumble?

It did look UK had a delay of game on that last drive, but the ref from the back game sprinting in to blow the play dead. Did anybody Tivo that to see how close it was?

The Ainge fumble, fall on it!

It appeared that the snap was made with one second still on the play clock, but someone should have noticed and called a timeout before it got that low.

All I can say is they have nobody to blame but themselves. The defense shows up and the offense can only muster 12 points. Our kicking has got to get better he left 4 points out there. UK was inside the 5 yard line and could only get 6 points.

When will they know where they are going for a Bowl Game?

The best thing of all is that instead of the season ending today, we get a bonus month of extra practices to develop players. I don't know that everyone realizes the importance of another month of player development. The Cats will be much improved next season - regardless of whether they win their bowl game or not.

Well Said:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Kentucky really came to play today but it wasn't meant to be, an unfortunate ending to an unexpected successful regular season. But now hopefully these Cats get to experience the postseason with an invitation to a bowl game and all the extra practice that goes along with it. All of which will carry this program to the next level in the years to come.

We outplayed them,a bitterly disappointed Tamme said,"We should have won.This is no moral victory",and he's right about that.Yes guys it hurts and it's disappointed, but the Cats do have a game lelf to play,and we all hope for a Bowl Victory to take away some of the bad taste in our mouths.

Great point!! It is all about getting the extra reps and teaching the system that you have in place. The extra practice time preparing for a bowl game is a big advantage to a young team and should be a difference maker in the Cats next season. I know it sure feels good to be discussing the Football Cats in a positive way at the seasons end!!!!

Much better effort against the Vols, both side of the ball. Tackling was poor at times, outside the tackles but nonetheless very good effort by UK.

I'll give Coach Archer credit, better coverage at the corners and LB's seemed to fill the gaps better. A couple of mistakes, here and there would be a different result.

All in all, Coach Brooks, staff and players were in the game, with a chance to win it at the end and that's all any UK fan can ask for, right now. Hopefully they will get a Bowl bid, continue to improve and get to play one more game.

Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th game out of the last 6 we've been right there with them and just could'nt finish? UK gets the opportunities, just can't cash them in. I think the Vols were favored by 18 and did'nt even SCORE 18. There were some positives.

True but had they not got the delay of game flag on 2nd & Goal(3yards to go) they would have won anyway. They are as good as Tennessee but not as smart. I'm curious if what would have happened if we would have recoverd the fumble that was dropped when the guy tried to scoop it and run. Kentucky just found everyway in the world to give the game to UT.

Not sure it would have made that big of difference. It was a third down play and if I remember correctly they punted and UK drove the ball down the field for the potential go ahead points.