UT 17 UK 12

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cats played well. But the bottom line is that they choked. Down 5 at the UT 3 yard line on second down...... Woodson gets a delay of game penalty.

That is the difference between the Cats and the top tier programs. The top programs dont shoot themselves in the foot.

On Tennessee's TD in the first half, did anybody else think Ainge was just trying to throw it away?

Did the UT reciever's first foot come down out of bounds on the long pass in the fg drive in the first half? Why don't we challenge that?

When the UT running back had his bell rung and looked like he was knocked out, how does the ball lay trapped underneath him and not come out for a fumble?

It did look UK had a delay of game on that last drive, but the ref from the back game sprinting in to blow the play dead. Did anybody Tivo that to see how close it was?

The Ainge fumble, fall on it!

I was impressed with the effort of the entire team, and they played a good game, just missed oppurtunities. Hopefully whoever we play in the bowl game has a drop back passer similar to Ainge. Our defense seems to perform better when they don't have to worry about the QB taking off and running for a first down. I will see you all in Memphis.

All points by LABS and everyone is right along the same lines of thought that I have. The defense played hard, the offense played hard. Missed opportunities seems to always be the reason for the CATS. I raised the question last week after the UK/ULMON game...Why do our linebackers play 5 yards off the ball when it's 4th and inside the 1???????? On the replay of the Tenn. score our linebacker met their lead back (FG) at the goal line...in a game of inches, it's possible had we been up on line of scrimmage we meet the FB at or behind line of scrimmage forcing the runner to A) try to use power to bowl on over, or B) go outside where he'd been meat.

Paul Worford's open field tackling must get better, he's a freshman but he has to make some of those plays. McClinton had a shot to get Meachem before he got 1st down, failed, sealed the deal, could have brought up 4th down and at least a UT punt late.

OVerall, very happy for this UK team. We are going bowling and I'm excited. All the big playmakers are back next season and another solid recruting class. Could possibly the Cats be ranked in preseason top 25 next season? I don't see why not, granted the defense must find themselves between no and then, but today was a gutty performance.

If UK had a good kicker they would have won this game.

True but had they not got the delay of game flag on 2nd & Goal(3yards to go) they would have won anyway. They are as good as Tennessee but not as smart. I'm curious if what would have happened if we would have recoverd the fumble that was dropped when the guy tried to scoop it and run. Kentucky just found everyway in the world to give the game to UT.

True but had they not got the delay of game flag on 2nd & Goal(3yards to go) they would have won anyway. They are as good as Tennessee but not as smart. I'm curious if what would have happened if we would have recoverd the fumble that was dropped when the guy tried to scoop it and run. Kentucky just found everyway in the world to give the game to UT.

Its the story of UK football!

I'm extremely proud of this team, and their effort today. But with that said, it is also very painful to see them lose this game because of missed opportunities and shooting themselves in the foot. They have simply got to learn how to win, and have a little confidence. On the 3 with 1st down and a chance to win, and then delay of game call.....backs them to the 8 yard line...and...:cry:

If UK had a good kicker they would have won this game.

:thumb: My thoughts also DH, By the way - the place kicker for Ohio State (A. Pettry) was told a couple of years ago that he was welcome to walk on UK but there was no room for him.:rolleyes: :irked: I don't think that he regrets his decision a bit though. He (Pettry) will be kicking for the Buckeyes in the NC and UK's kicker can't hit a chip shot. Atta Boy Rich.:D

With all my critisizm of the UK staff this season I will say that the Cats record was much better than I thought that it would be. I will eat crow on my perdictioin of 5 wins at the most. I am glad they made some real improvements and at least showed signs of turning this thing in the right direction. Imo we still need a defense in the worst way and I think that Brooks deserves another year after this season (and that is saying a lot coming from me:eek: :D ) but w/o Archer.Way to go Cats. A 7 win season is one heck of an improvement over what we have seen.:thumb:

You know, UK may have lost but I was actually looking forward to watching this game. Now how many times, as UK fans, could we say that about having to play UT? It was a very exciting game and unfortunately the Cats showed that they are still very young. I think the SEC will not overlook UK anymore and even with the loss I think it helps UK because they have built confidence and after they gave up 40 points last week they only give up 17 to 19th ranked UT. It's a boost in the right direction and hopefully they will build from this!

The best thing of all is that instead of the season ending today, we get a bonus month of extra practices to develop players. I don't know that everyone realizes the importance of another month of player development. The Cats will be much improved next season - regardless of whether they win their bowl game or not.