Walmart Receipt Check

NamecipS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, I certainly don't go there daily, but over the span of my walmart-despising life I have been there quite a bit. Not once have I ever had a receipt checked. NOT ONCE in 55 years! I know that's not the case with others who don't look or dress like I do. I know people that have worked at Walmart. They tell me stories.

Yeah those NKY/Cincy stores were pits for a long time, it was where you went for your career to die. Biggest (pay) promotion I was ever offered was to go to NKY...I politely declined. :)

I can believe it. :lol2:

And for the record, I don't begrudge anyone for shopping there. Heck, I think my parents do (or maybe they go to Meijer's, :idunno:), it's just not for me.

I have been to 30 different Wal-Marts in my life I'd say, and I have never been asked to show my receipt or seen anyone checking receipts. I have read about the practice before on here, so I don't know if it is a northern/eastern Kentucky thing or what.

I get the purpose of it, but in my experiences those checking receipts give it so little attention.

Best Buy does this as well -- why aren't we showing the same outrage there?

I have zero issue if they want to look at my receipt and cross it with what is in my bag / cart. Why would I care?

This, I don't really see why it's a big deal if they have a reasonable reason to do so.

I honestly don’t care if they want to check my receipt. It doesn’t take long. I also don’t shop at Wal Mart. I can get basically anything at Wal Mart that I can get any where else. Groceries and home supplies I go to Kroger. Anything else I go to a store that specializes in whatever it is I need. I wouldn’t go to Wal Mart for sporting goods, electronics, etc. anyways. I’m with UKMF, it’s just not for me.

There has been a guy sitting in a kiosk with his back to the door, randomly checking receipts / bags / carts, for as long as I can remember.

It was like that from Day One when the Florence store opened more than 20 years ago. I was working there then.

I've never stopped for a receipt check unless I have unbagged merchandise or if I went through the check out line with bagged merchandise that I paid for in another department. And I won't. If they want to try and stop me they better be well prepared to display that strong suspicion that I'm stealing or they can talk to my attorney. I also don't let let the police search my car. I have nothing to hide in either circumstance. I just value my civil liberties.

I have no problem with it and have been stopped a few times.

I routinely shop at the one in Ft Wright and Somerset. The Ft Wright location is fine except I can never find anyone to assist me with finding something and I can get out of there quickly., but checking out is usuually pretty quick because I go to self checkout. When I shop in Ft Wright I go in for a few items.

Somerset is the total opposite, I can get assistance pretty quickly, but checking out is a nightmare. It usually takes a long time, and it seems I always get behind the people who have their credit declined and start arguing. I go through the register line with a cashier because I usually shop for the week and have more items.

I believe, as with most chains, it is the local store and management. Simple as that.

I have no problem shopping at Walmart, Target, Meijer, Dollar Tree, wherever. I know what I want, go get it and leave and I want to do that as quickly as possible. That is more important to me than price, unless there is just a huge price difference. ocation is much more important for me. Let's say I am looking for light bulbs and milk, the first place I see that has light bulbs and milk, I pull in and buy them. It could be Walmart, Kroger, Save A lot, Dollar Store, Target, etc.

There is a stigma of cheap/low quality with Walmart, which I don't get because some things are expensive and nice quality.

I believe some people don't shop at Walmart because they believe the people that go there are poor and don't want to be around them, when I bet most that shop there are the so called middle class.

FYI so everyone understands...At Walmart, the greeter isn't stopping you because "YOU" are suspected of shoplifting. They receipt check you normally for one of two reasons, 1) because you have something that arrouses suspicion such as an unbagged item or you come from an area other than the front registers or 2) they are checking everyone leaving at that time (or as many as possible and not singling anyone out).

If you have actually stolen, you will not be apprehended by a Greeter or Cashier. You will be detained by either undercover Asset Protection Associate or a Member of the Management Team. If an APA or Manager has all of the elements present to detain you and you bolt or refuse to stop, then you may expect the police to be involved.