Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walmart Receipt Check

Featured Replies

  • Author
While the merchdise is yours once it's paid for, stores do have a right to verify all merchandise is paid for before exiting the store.

 

The best shoplifters use store bags and old receipts to walk out with cart loads of merchandise. The receipt checks deter some of the and actually catch a decent percent. It is more useful as a deterrent than actually catching thieves.

 

Honestly without receipt checks or the possibility of them, Walmarts losses would be even more staggering than they currently are.

 

The store verification in my opinion takes place at the register.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It also shows that the store doesn't trust their customers IMO.

 

No retail store should trust all of their customers.

  • Author

Calling our LEO friends. What say you, chime in here.

No retail store should trust all of their customers.

 

I agree. But no retail store should distrust all of their customers either.

I think a lot of people would rather shop at Target because they think it is "better" than Wal-Mart, for whatever reason.

I agree. But no retail store should distrust all of their customers either.

 

Do you consider it distrust at Sam's and Costco? Because they check literally everybody.

I think a lot of people would rather shop at Target because they think it is "better" than Wal-Mart, for whatever reason.

 

It's absolutely cleaner and better organized. I don't know if that makes it better or not, but I do like Target much better than I do Wal Mart.

I've never cared when they checked receipts at Sam's Club. I don't really feel like they ever look much anyway, just swipe their highligther.

Do you consider it distrust at Sam's and Costco? Because they check literally everybody.

 

I do. It's distrust anywhere it happens.

It also shows that the store doesn't trust their customers IMO.

 

Well when the average store loses hundreds of thousands to theft each year, would you trust them?

 

Theft right now is at an all-time high in Walmart, people are walking out daily with more than you can imagine. Walmart has a right to protect their company from theft.

 

Amazon makes their workers walk through metal detectors before going home in some warehouses, they don't trust their employees...why? Because they have had huge losses from people hired to fulfill orders...it's not that they don't trust their people, it's about taking away the opportunity to make a bad decision. Walmart checking receipts are the same thing, some people that could be tempted to steal won't because they are afraid they could be stopped for a receipt check.

 

FWIW Walmart or any retailer has the right to refuse your business if you repeatedly refuse to cooperate with them...most wont, but it is an option.

I think a lot of people would rather shop at Target because they think it is "better" than Wal-Mart, for whatever reason.

 

Because they pay more, so it must be better...:lol2:

It's absolutely cleaner and better organized. I don't know if that makes it better or not, but I do like Target much better than I do Wal Mart.

 

That's based on location, I'd assume. Because none of the Wal-Mart's in my area are dirty. Organization could be argued because Wal-Mart utilizes open space in the main aisles and Target doesn't.

The store verification in my opinion takes place at the register.

 

When there are registers so far from the door it's very easy for anyone to just walk through a closed register and out the door without paying. Grab a few Walmart bags and load them up, then just walk out with everyone else.

 

In a perfect world you are correct, but in this world their are always people looking for any possible way to steal...and receipt checks are the last line of defense.

Well when the average store loses hundreds of thousands to theft each year, would you trust them?

 

Theft right now is at an all-time high in Walmart, people are walking out daily with more than you can imagine. Walmart has a right to protect their company from theft.

 

Amazon makes their workers walk through metal detectors before going home in some warehouses, they don't trust their employees...why? Because they have had huge losses from people hired to fulfill orders...it's not that they don't trust their people, it's about taking away the opportunity to make a bad decision. Walmart checking receipts are the same thing, some people that could be tempted to steal won't because they are afraid they could be stopped for a receipt check.

 

FWIW Walmart or any retailer has the right to refuse your business if you repeatedly refuse to cooperate with them...most wont, but it is an option.

 

The vast majority of customers are not stealing, do you agree?

 

So if theft is going up, the receipt checking policy, isn't actually doing much good is it?

 

It's funny you mention warehouses and eliminating opportunities. I happen to spend my days working on ways to remove the opportunity of theft for hundreds of stores and dozens of warehouses all over this side of the Mississippi.

  • Author
I've never cared when they checked receipts at Sam's Club. I don't really feel like they ever look much anyway, just swipe their highligther.

 

Sam's is a whole different thing. When you sign up for a membership, you agree to show the receipt. If you don't, you can lose your membership.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.