Indiana's Next Coach

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us not inside the game like you two, let me guess ... because of the recruiting required in college?

Brad Stevens is very happy with the Celtics, he isn't a guy that has any draw to Indiana besides having coached an hour from there. To many, the recruiting is a drag, but I don't think that is a factor here. The Celtics is a MUCH better job than IU, period.

Now, if you want an NBA guy who "could" make himself available, look to oil fields of the Midwest. Durant is gone, coaching Russ has to be exhausting (Talent notwithstanding), and it worked well for his mentor.

Phone call with an employee at IU on the periphery of the situation (read: ZERO juice, but in enough circles to hear things):

1. Alford

2. Donovan

3. Mack

4. Archie

5. Fife

For what little it is worth.

How would Donovan (or any current NBA coach) timing work. It would seem like such a late jump on recruiting it would be really challenging.

No one is mentioning Fred Hoiberg, but I would think he would be a desirable candidate.

Addendum from a text just received, Tony Bennett will absolutely be in play at Indiana.

I don't get that, his teams are good defensively, but have always struggled scoring the ball. Not the guy I would want if I'm IU, but then again anything is better than Crean.

Heard where IU made Alford a $31 million 7-year contract, not sure how true that is though.

I don't see Stevens returning for the IU job, but I could see him returning for the UK job.

Hahhaha, the sad part is you actually believe this.