March 21, 20179 yr Brad Stevens isn't voluntarily going back to college. For any job. Not happening...
March 21, 20179 yr Brad Stevens isn't voluntarily going back to college. For any job. Not happening... So simple to comprehend.
March 21, 20179 yr Brad Stevens isn't voluntarily going back to college. For any job. Not happening... So simple to comprehend. For those of us not inside the game like you two, let me guess ... because of the recruiting required in college?
March 21, 20179 yr For those of us not inside the game like you two, let me guess ... because of the recruiting required in college? Brad Stevens is very happy with the Celtics, he isn't a guy that has any draw to Indiana besides having coached an hour from there. To many, the recruiting is a drag, but I don't think that is a factor here. The Celtics is a MUCH better job than IU, period. Now, if you want an NBA guy who "could" make himself available, look to oil fields of the Midwest. Durant is gone, coaching Russ has to be exhausting (Talent notwithstanding), and it worked well for his mentor.
March 21, 20179 yr Phone call with an employee at IU on the periphery of the situation (read: ZERO juice, but in enough circles to hear things): 1. Alford 2. Donovan 3. Mack 4. Archie 5. Fife For what little it is worth.
March 21, 20179 yr Heard where IU made Alford a $31 million 7-year contract, not sure how true that is though. I don't see Stevens returning for the IU job, but I could see him returning for the UK job.
March 21, 20179 yr Been a long morning....Regarding Brad Stevens, what GT said. :lol2: Edited March 21, 20179 yr by UKMustangFan
March 21, 20179 yr Heard where IU made Alford a $31 million 7-year contract, not sure how true that is though. That is false, there has been no offer made to Steve Alford (or anyone else) at this point.
March 21, 20179 yr That is false, there has been no offer made to Steve Alford (or anyone else) at this point. Gotcha, would be shocked to see anyone other than him get the job. Guess we'll see though.
March 21, 20179 yr Phone call with an employee at IU on the periphery of the situation (read: ZERO juice, but in enough circles to hear things): 1. Alford 2. Donovan 3. Mack 4. Archie 5. Fife For what little it is worth. How would Donovan (or any current NBA coach) timing work. It would seem like such a late jump on recruiting it would be really challenging. No one is mentioning Fred Hoiberg, but I would think he would be a desirable candidate.
March 21, 20179 yr Phone call with an employee at IU on the periphery of the situation (read: ZERO juice, but in enough circles to hear things): 1. Alford 2. Donovan 3. Mack 4. Archie 5. Fife For what little it is worth. Addendum from a text just received, Tony Bennett will absolutely be in play at Indiana.
March 21, 20179 yr Addendum from a text just received, Tony Bennett will absolutely be in play at Indiana. I don't get that, his teams are good defensively, but have always struggled scoring the ball. Not the guy I would want if I'm IU, but then again anything is better than Crean.
March 21, 20179 yr Addendum from a text just received, Tony Bennett will absolutely be in play at Indiana. I'd take Bennett over anyone on that list other than Chris Mack. FWIW, I don't think Donovan would be looking to leave OKC, but maybe he is. :idunno:
March 21, 20179 yr Heard where IU made Alford a $31 million 7-year contract, not sure how true that is though. I don't see Stevens returning for the IU job, but I could see him returning for the UK job. Hahhaha, the sad part is you actually believe this.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.