Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana's Next Coach

Featured Replies

@Bench What's the early reaction from the IU fanbase?

  • Replies 253
  • Views 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alford will probably want out of UCLA after this season just because of bad wrap Lavar Ball has put on himself which reflects on his kids and UCLA. Win or lose tonight, I think he's headed to Bloomington.

 

I agree with this and a chance to go home.

 

ESPN experts say Alford has not been approached by IU and Alford has not contacted IU. Also Alford was asked about mentioning a possible coaching job at IU to his UCLA team, no he said " there has been no discussion about leaving this team in the locker room meeting to his players."

 

Alford is staying put, take it to the bank!!

ESPN experts say Alford has not been approached by IU and Alford has not contacted IU. Also Alford was asked about mentioning a possible coaching job at IU to his UCLA team, no he said " there has been no discussion about leaving this team in the locker room meeting to his players."

 

Alford is staying put, take it to the bank!!

 

Great call. Really on top of things... :taz:

Great call. Really on top of things... :taz:

 

Glad you approve. :lol2:

@Bench What's the early reaction from the IU fanbase?

 

I don't talk to the idiots ;)

 

Everything I have heard, pretty positive.

Frank Martin is a bad man.

 

He may be the most underrated coach in the country. If he were not an SEC coach he may get some respect, but alas, he's an SEC coach.

He may be the most underrated coach in the country. If he were not an SEC coach he may get some respect, but alas, he's an SEC coach.

 

The guy is winning at South Carolina. Final Four is within reach. The guy has been coaching for 9 seasons and has taken KState and South Carolina to Elite Eights.

 

Martin is a self made coach, spending many years coaching Jr. high and high school teams. He has mellowed a bit since he took the SCarolina job. I'm sure his players appreciate that!

I don't talk to the idiots ;)

 

Everything I have heard, pretty positive.

 

Did this decision have to be made so quick?

I think the homerun would have been Billy D even moreso than Alford and he could have been persuaded cash-wise I'm sure, but don't think he could have made a decision till maybe start of NBA playoffs.

I like the hire of Miller though

Did this decision have to be made so quick?

I think the homerun would have been Billy D even moreso than Alford and he could have been persuaded cash-wise I'm sure, but don't think he could have made a decision till maybe start of NBA playoffs.

I like the hire of Miller though

 

I don't see Billy D going there and I bet Alford declined so they moved on.

I'm still wondering if they attempted to get Frank Martin. We'll never know but if they didn't they're fools.

Conversation with Archie's dad about the process. Comment about NCST is interesting.

 

 

 

Tom Archdeacon: Behind the scenes on Archie Miller’s road to Indiana

I love John Miller. I sat next to him on so many airplanes -- the dude is a basketball junkie. He would sit and watch practice like he watching a Broadway show...wouldn't take his eyes off it. Wouldn't miss a detail. He is the epitome of a basketball guy.

Commit Al Durham has said he is staying with IU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.