Indiana's Next Coach

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alford will probably want out of UCLA after this season just because of bad wrap Lavar Ball has put on himself which reflects on his kids and UCLA. Win or lose tonight, I think he's headed to Bloomington.

I agree with this and a chance to go home.

ESPN experts say Alford has not been approached by IU and Alford has not contacted IU. Also Alford was asked about mentioning a possible coaching job at IU to his UCLA team, no he said " there has been no discussion about leaving this team in the locker room meeting to his players."

Alford is staying put, take it to the bank!!

ESPN experts say Alford has not been approached by IU and Alford has not contacted IU. Also Alford was asked about mentioning a possible coaching job at IU to his UCLA team, no he said " there has been no discussion about leaving this team in the locker room meeting to his players."

Alford is staying put, take it to the bank!!

Great call. Really on top of things... :taz:

He may be the most underrated coach in the country. If he were not an SEC coach he may get some respect, but alas, he's an SEC coach.

The guy is winning at South Carolina. Final Four is within reach. The guy has been coaching for 9 seasons and has taken KState and South Carolina to Elite Eights.

Martin is a self made coach, spending many years coaching Jr. high and high school teams. He has mellowed a bit since he took the SCarolina job. I'm sure his players appreciate that!

I don't talk to the idiots ;)

Everything I have heard, pretty positive.

Did this decision have to be made so quick?

I think the homerun would have been Billy D even moreso than Alford and he could have been persuaded cash-wise I'm sure, but don't think he could have made a decision till maybe start of NBA playoffs.

I like the hire of Miller though

Did this decision have to be made so quick?

I think the homerun would have been Billy D even moreso than Alford and he could have been persuaded cash-wise I'm sure, but don't think he could have made a decision till maybe start of NBA playoffs.

I like the hire of Miller though

I don't see Billy D going there and I bet Alford declined so they moved on.

Conversation with Archie's dad about the process. Comment about NCST is interesting.

Tom Archdeacon: Behind the scenes on Archie Miller’s road to Indiana

I love John Miller. I sat next to him on so many airplanes -- the dude is a basketball junkie. He would sit and watch practice like he watching a Broadway show...wouldn't take his eyes off it. Wouldn't miss a detail. He is the epitome of a basketball guy.

• 2 weeks later...