Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana's Next Coach

Featured Replies

Bring me Tom Crean.

 

I would love to see a Crean led Flyers team beat Indiana in March.

  • Replies 253
  • Views 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see a Crean led Flyers team beat Indiana in March.

 

His greatest successes were as coach of a mid-sized, Midwestern Catholic school. Might be able to catch lightning in a bottle again.

 

I can't think of a more desirable candidate at the moment but I'm sure the AD is looking to at least one assistant at a major program.

I thought that Alfrod would be a given but in getting Miller (Dayton) imo is a far better choice for IU.

Actually, I wanted Alfrod to go back to IU considering how much I loathe the Hoosiers. A. Miller is probably the best of the up and coming young coaches in the country and an imo far better coach than Alfrod. Far too good for IU ....:sssh::D

I'd go after Pat Kelsey or Travis Steele...

 

Kelsey is going to struggle to get interviews.

Kelsey is going to struggle to get interviews.

 

Unless he already has a better job than UMass lined up like they believe.

  • Author

I talked to someone today that is connected to some major $$$$ people at IU, he said that as of Thursday/Friday they were being led to think that Alford was coming home. He said a couple are really upset that he turned them down and said he will "Never be offered the job again!"

Unless he already has a better job than UMass lined up like they believe.

 

Not the case.

I talked to someone today that is connected to some major $$$$ people at IU, he said that as of Thursday/Friday they were being led to think that Alford was coming home. He said a couple are really upset that he turned them down and said he will "Never be offered the job again!"

 

I doubt his feelings are hurt. Honestly I don't think he's that great of a coach but he does have another great recruiting class coming in next year. IU would have had to offer him a ton of money to leave and start another rebuild project for him to take that job. Given his buyout is around $8 million that doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room for a large contract. My guess is that IU couldn't offer him enough money to bring him back to Indiana.

 

If I had to guess their top three choices were Stevens, Donovan then Alford and anyone with any sense knew that none of those were likely. I think they did pretty well by getting Miller. I would have taken Mack or Frank Martin over him though.

Coach Cal is pretty tight with the Miller family wonder if there will be any chance that the Hoosiers and Cats renew there rivalry?

Coach Cal is pretty tight with the Miller family wonder if there will be any chance that the Hoosiers and Cats renew there rivalry?

 

Probably not because the IU fans were so mean

With no dog in this fight, they got the best they could and he is good. Why would you leave UCLA for Indiana? Just makes no sense. UCLA to me is a step up from Indiana and much easier to recruit the elite athletes.

 

Indiana has been so-so for so long that I think they are not on the elite kids' radars any more. Not the one and doners. I think Archie can do what his brother has done at AZ. Make it a good solid program wth some really good kids, it will take some time.

Kelsey is going to struggle to get interviews.

 

Didn't Dana Altman go to the press conference at Arkansas and the return to Creighton? Ended up at Oregon, doing pretty well.

With no dog in this fight, they got the best they could and he is good. Why would you leave UCLA for Indiana? Just makes no sense. UCLA to me is a step up from Indiana and much easier to recruit the elite athletes.

 

Indiana has been so-so for so long that I think they are not on the elite kids' radars any more. Not the one and doners. I think Archie can do what his brother has done at AZ. Make it a good solid program wth some really good kids, it will take some time.

This is where I disagree, Alford was almost fired last year and he has never gone past the sweet 16 . Going home to Indiana to be the savior and a possible savior might of bought him a few years. Don't be surprised if post Lonzo, Alford will be fired.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.