Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana's Next Coach

Featured Replies

If an NBA coach is on the verge of being fired or is fired they may take over a top college job. But it's crazy to think that Donovan or Stevens either are waiting on a college opening to make their return to college athletics. I don't care what job it is, IU, UK, Duke, Kansas etc. Ain't happening.

 

Any NBA coach who has a team deep into the playoffs can't take a college job without stepping away from NBA for a year. No school can let recruiting twist in the wind for that long without devoting first year to all JCs. And what college wants an NBA coach who can't make the playoffs?

  • Replies 253
  • Views 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can tell you that, as of right now, Tony is trying very hard to get that job. However, there are some concerns on the Board of Trustees that are hanging him up.

 

All signs right now pointing to, sadly, Chris.

 

Chris Mack absolutely won the IU job tonight.

I can tell you that, as of right now, Tony is trying very hard to get that job. However, there are some concerns on the Board of Trustees that are hanging him up.

 

All signs right now pointing to, sadly, Chris.

 

If Mack is the guy, where does X turn?

 

I imagine Kelsey would get a look now that he backed out of UMass?

If UCLA beats Kentucky tonight Alford will be a must have.

I just honestly don't see why Alford would leave LA to go to Bloomington with those star Ball kids coming in... haha

Nothing better than people who "hear things" during coaching searches. :lol2:

I'm not going to go back through all these posts, but I'm hoping the new coach with be available after Friday night.

 

Man, Cal to IU would really set off BBN...

Man, Cal to IU would really set off BBN...

 

That's alright, they'd just swipe Mack, and then Louisville would be left with Little Richard....:D :lol2:

That's alright, they'd just swipe Mack, and then Louisville would be left with Little Richard....:D :lol2:

 

Nah, we'd snag Mick then.

Steve Alford would be my my number one priority if I were making the decision at IU. If I couldn't get Alford, Frank Martin would be my next choice. He's proven at Kstate and South Carolina that he can run a program and is a solid guy. Surprised his name doesn't come up more often.

  • Author

Doug Gottlieb saying on Dan Patrick Show that Alford to IU is a done deal...hmmm does he really know?

Doug Gottlieb saying on Dan Patrick Show that Alford to IU is a done deal...hmmm does he really know?
Xavier's price tag to keep Chris is going to be driven WAY up as long as that job is open. The price of poker on Victory Parkway is about to go way up. They can give him enough to keep him out of the IU deal, the UL deal, when it eventually opens up, won't be about the money. Xavier won't even have a shot at salvaging him then. Now, they can pay enough to keep him out of Bloomington...and they will. I hope.
  • Author
Xavier's price tag to keep Chris is going to be driven WAY up as long as that job is open. The price of poker on Victory Parkway is about to go way up. They can give him enough to keep him out of the IU deal, the UL deal, when it eventually opens up, won't be about the money. Xavier won't even have a shot at salvaging him then. Now, they can pay enough to keep him out of Bloomington...and they will. I hope.

 

I'd think that even IU wouldn't be all about the money if IU comes calling. IU will pay him if they decide to go after him but at the end of the day, IU is one of "Those" programs that coaches gravitate towards.

Xavier's price tag to keep Chris is going to be driven WAY up as long as that job is open. The price of poker on Victory Parkway is about to go way up. They can give him enough to keep him out of the IU deal, the UL deal, when it eventually opens up, won't be about the money. Xavier won't even have a shot at salvaging him then. Now, they can pay enough to keep him out of Bloomington...and they will. I hope.

 

Just because I always like to think of hypothetical scenarios....Same year, UofL and UK both open. Which does he want more? I'd assume Louisville due to family...

I'd think that even IU wouldn't be all about the money if IU comes calling. IU will pay him if they decide to go after him but at the end of the day, IU is one of "Those" programs that coaches gravitate towards.
No, IU isn't a job he would gravitate towards...at least not to him. He can be kept out of that deal by Xavier, heck, he has a very good thing going right now (both at work, and personally in the area and with his kids). IU is not "that" job to Chris.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.