Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana's Next Coach

Featured Replies

Hahhaha, the sad part is you actually believe this.

 

No. The sad part is IU fans still think they're a blue blood when they haven't been relevant since the 80's.

  • Replies 253
  • Views 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. The sad part is IU fans still think they're a blue blood.
They most definitely are. Cowherd just last week had this discussion. Called it the 5th best job in the country and said it was definitely a blueblood. That's a national media guy with huge exposure. I guess his opinion matters less than that of a UK fanatic.

 

Gotroll-18240_960_720-57c8d4155f9b5829f42acd2f.jpg somewhere else.

@Bench Nobody in their right mind still considers IU as a blue blood. UK, UNC, Duke, KU, and UCLA are blue bloods. IU has history, but that doesn't make it a blue blood.

@Bench Nobody in their right mind still considers IU as a blue blood. UK, UNC, Duke, KU, and UCLA are blue bloods. IU has history, but that doesn't make it a blue blood.
You are entitled to an incorrect opinion. Good day.

One good season, this year, makes UCLA a blue-blood?

 

I'm not sure IU is a top 5 job, but it's absolutely one of the best 7-8 jobs in the country. Not even debatable IMO.

You are entitled to an incorrect opinion. Good day.

 

What has IU done in the past 30 years to earn the right to be a Blue Blood?!?

One good season, this year, makes UCLA a blue-blood?

 

I'm not sure IU is a top 5 job, but it's absolutely one of the best 7-8 jobs in the country. Not even debatable IMO.

 

UCLA's 11 National Championships makes them a Blue Blood.

UCLA's 11 National Championships makes them a Blue Blood.

 

So IU's history doesn't count for them, but UCLA's does....Gotcha.

 

I'm exiting this discussion. I can tell I'd be better off banging my head against a wall.

Do any of you have quantifiable metrics for this mythical "blue blood" category? Asking for a friend.
Solely dependent on how big of a fanatic you are for one of the other "blue bloods". And how sensible you are. @UKMustangFan hit this nail squarely on the head.
So IU's history doesn't count for them, but UCLA's does....Gotcha.

 

I'm exiting this discussion. I can tell I'd be better off banging my head against a wall.

 

No, the difference is what UCLA did to win their 11 will never be done again.

@Bench Nobody in their right mind still considers IU as a blue blood. UK, UNC, Duke, KU, and UCLA are blue bloods. IU has history, but that doesn't make it a blue blood.
UCLA Basketball is way too full of itself – The Herd Now I'll save you the work. Fast Forward to about the 38 minute mark. You'd probably be best to listen to the whole show though. He makes a lot of sense. But it contradicts your skewed way of thinking so you probably don't want to hear it.

 

"Indiana's a Top Job."

 

"Colin still thinks Indiana is a Top 5 college basketball job"

 

"Indiana is an all time gig."

 

"Duke -1, Kentucky -2, Kansas -3, Carolina -4, 5? I'd say Indiana."

IMG_9106.PNGFun Fact:

 

Kentucky has played basketball for 113 season win a total of 2,205 wins and 682 losses.

 

Kansas has played 118 seasons with 2,186 wins and 836 losses.

 

UNC has played 106 seasons with 2,173 wins and 774 losses.

 

Duke 11 seasons with 2,087 wins and 864 losses.

 

HOWEVER, Indiana has played 116 seasons (3rd most all time) with only 1,778 wins and 1,003 losses. That has them 11th on the all time wins list and a winning percentage of .604. I don't consider that to be very good but that's just me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60858[/ATTACH]Fun Fact:

 

Kentucky has played basketball for 113 season win a total of 2,205 wins and 682 losses.

 

Kansas has played 118 seasons with 2,186 wins and 836 losses.

 

UNC has played 106 seasons with 2,173 wins and 774 losses.

 

Duke 11 seasons with 2,087 wins and 864 losses.

 

HOWEVER, Indiana has played 116 seasons (3rd most all time) with only 1,778 wins and 1,003 losses. That has them 11th on the all time wins list and a winning percentage of .604. I don't consider that to be very good but that's just me.

So Temple is a better program than Indiana? St. John's is better? Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out what factors you're rolling up to come to your conclusions. I loathe Indiana with the intensity of 1,000 suns, but I am also able to see the many positives with their program.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.