Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana's Next Coach

Featured Replies

I heard Mack mentioned on one of the sports talk shows. For the XU fans, would Mack be interested in IU?

  • Replies 253
  • Views 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Alford would be the KING of the State of Indiana if he returned. Hardest thing for him would be to recruit kids to Bloomington. I think IU is several years away from being where they want to be.

For the XU fans, would Mack be interested in IU?
Yes, he will listen, IU is one of 3 schools he has expressed interest in down the road. The others, both in Kentucky, are fairly obvious. Driving distance to Louisville and Northern KY would be appealing, obviously.
Alford's buy-out at UCLA is just over $7,000,000.

 

IU would be nuts if they pay that buyout and then pay him however many millions per year to come back to Indiana. Like I mentioned earlier he's not that great of a coach, IMO. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but he's not much above average. He would have to recruit at a really high level to rebuild the mess that Crean has left them in.

Yes, he will listen, IU is one of 3 schools he has expressed interest in down the road. The others, both in Kentucky, are fairly obvious. Driving distance to Louisville and Northern KY would be appealing, obviously.

 

I think Louisville and NKU are happy with their coaches!

Going to be interesting to see how the coaches not in the P5/6 club react to what the committee showed this year. Pretty clear they were docked at least one seed line for it this time around while schools with 14 and 15 Ls were rewarded with a bump up the curve. Writing is on the wall...

If it's anyone besides Archie Miller it will be a mistake. They aren't pulling Alford from UCLA or Sean Miller from Arizona. Gregg Marshall will not leave Witchita State either. It has to be Archie.

 

If Indiana offered Marshall, I think he would go. Either way, I think that Archie Miller would be a great hire.

I shared the link to this article in the other thread thought it might be relevant for this new thread. The link is below.

 

Report: Steve Alford Interested In Indiana Basketball Job

 

 

I hope he gets it if he indeed does want it. Perfect fit. Mediocre coach and they would have an even harder time firing him than they did Crean.

Would Brannen at NKU be in the disicussion for the IU job?

Would Brannen at NKU be in the disicussion for the IU job?

 

Doubt it. One good season as head coach on the resume right now. I don't think that is enough to get considered for IU.

Would Brannen at NKU be in the disicussion for the IU job?

 

I wouldn't think yet.

Alford wants the job because he doesn't want to deal with Lavar Ball.

Alford wants the job because he doesn't want to deal with Lavar Ball.

 

If the next two Ball kids were as good as Lonzo, he'd deal with it all day. They aren't, so I get looking to run away as fast as possible...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.