Indiana's Next Coach

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their best options are Archie or Marshall. Honestly I'm not sure Marshall would leave unless they wrote an awfully large check. I believe he's making somewhere near what Crean was at IU and his job security is off the charts at Wichita State.

Then that leaves Alford as their next choice and I'm not sure he would leave UCLA either. I know he has ties with Indiana but is it really an upgrade? Indiana has better fan support but outside of that I can't see any other positives for IU over UCLA unless he want's the Ball family out of his life or just hates living in the city of angels. To be perfectly honest I don't even think Alford is that great of a coach.

The summary of Jeff Goodman's "Insider" article on ESPN.com:

Recommendation

It's a tough call between Mack and (Archie) Miller, and Indiana die-hards should be happy with either.

Prediction

Alford. There's so much history between the two, and Alford has done a great job this season at UCLA. Remember, though, it was only a year ago that people were calling for his firing. This is a natural move.

The summary of Jeff Goodman's "Insider" article on ESPN.com:

Recommendation

It's a tough call between Mack and (Archie) Miller, and Indiana die-hards should be happy with either.

Prediction

Alford. There's so much history between the two, and Alford has done a great job this season at UCLA. Remember, though, it was only a year ago that people were calling for his firing. This is a natural move.

I agree on Alford. However he now as the program set up to be pretty successful for awhile. Especially with the younger Ball's coming to UCLA too. I think it would be hard to leave there, to go back to a rebuilding job.