Indiana's Next Coach

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said for a while that I think Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan will step in at UK after Calipari is gone, so I don't see either one of them considering IU with the possibility of Cal retiring when Brad graduates.

Also after this mess with KSR and Greg Marshall's wife I think it's safe to say he will definitely not be in the running for the UK job when it opens lol.

I've said for a while that I think Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan will step in at UK after Calipari is gone, so I don't see either one of them considering IU with the possibility of Cal retiring when Brad graduates.

Also after this mess with KSR and Greg Marshall's wife I think it's safe to say he will definitely not be in the running for the UK job when it opens lol.

They were talking about him a few weeks ago and said at one time he was on top of Mitch's list but he's fallen off of it, but they never said why Mitch had cooled on him.

They were talking about him a few weeks ago and said at one time he was on top of Mitch's list but he's fallen off of it, but they never said why Mitch had cooled on him.

I could never see Greg Marshall as the coach of the Cats, he just doesn't have the look of swagger that's needed to be successful at UK. I also see Richard Pitino taking over for Rick at UofL when he decides to retire too.

What about the Florida coach, Mike White? He seems like an up-and-comer.

He is, but IU will want to land a bigger "household" name. They have crapped the bed in all of their recent basketball coach searches. Nothing makes me think this one will play out any different. Alford it is.

Why would Brad Stevens leave the Celtics for UK. That kind of thing works the other way around: See Pitino, Rick 1997.

Why would Brad Stevens leave the Celtics for UK. That kind of thing works the other way around: See Pitino, Rick 1997.

Pitino also said leaving Kentucky was the worst decision he has ever made and ended up in Louisville because it was as close as he could get to being back at UK. Stevens has it pretty good right now in Boston, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Kentucky Blue.

One possibly could miss working with college athletes and teaching the game more than he gets to do in the NBA. Plus in the NBA you seem to need a few stars now to truly have a shot at a title. So unless they can eventually have a couple true stars, he may realize a championship is not happening in the NBA. When it could be more realistic at UK.

I am not saying that would happen, but you asked why would he leave to come to UK lol.