What Trump's Victory Tells Us About Women

rockmom

Even with her flaws, she was eminently qualified. The fact that you or many others don't like her doesn't mean she lacked the qualifications.
Is it not amazing how criminal behavior and poor job performance was a non-qualifier for so many voters? If voters had been more open minded and accepting of such "flaws," your prediction of an easy Hillary victory would have been right on the money.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOR, IMHO, it is the condescending way in which the media uses the term. It's not just the use of the term, it is what is said in conjunction with the term.

That tone can be perception. The very clear fact in the early demographic results I have seen are that the one group that clearly stands out in this election from previous recent election is non-college whites. Trump's margin there is the number one demographic factor in Trump's victory. The media has to talk about it. If it feels like they are picking on that group, that is true because that group is the biggest gain for Trump.

What % of voters were the undeducated white voter? It sounds they may have been the swing vote versus years past, but I'm not sure it is a huge % of voters. I've yet to see a comprehensive review of who actually voted and of course we can't prove who they voted for as the pollsters all seem to be clueless.

About two thirds of the white voters are non-college educated.

The non-college educated white make up almost half of the total electorate.

Non-college educated white is a group twice as large as the minority vote.

Non-college educated white is just slightly less than the minority vote plus the college educated white.

About two thirds of the white voters are non-college educated.

The non-college educated white make up almost half of the total electorate.

Non-college educated white is a group twice as large as the minority vote.

Non-college educated white is just slightly less than the minority vote plus the college educated white.

What was their turnout versus others this year versus 2012?

That tone can be perception. The very clear fact in the early demographic results I have seen are that the one group that clearly stands out in this election from previous recent election is non-college whites. Trump's margin there is the number one demographic factor in Trump's victory. The media has to talk about it. If it feels like they are picking on that group, that is true because that group is the biggest gain for Trump.
Were non-college educated blacks not a huge factor in Obama's two presidential election victories? Did the media feel compelled to talk about that? The answer is no and the question is why not? The fact is educational backgrounds of minority voters and their candidate preferences are rarely reported.

I just made a simple observation about how liberals apply the non-educated label to white voters but never seem concerned about the education level of black voters. As a white voter who supports candidates disparaged by the mainstream media, liberal candidates, and their pollsters, I am not bothered at all that liberals engage in this practice. Anything to turns potential voters against liberal candidates, I fully support.

The article notes only 6% of black women voted for Trump. There's not much interesting or illuminating about breaking that vote down. But there was a substantial disparity between how white women of different education levels voted and is interesting for anyone looking to be informed about society or voting behavior. Sometimes there isn't a liberal conspiracy lurking around every corner and the reality is much more banal.

The article notes only 6% of black women voted for Trump. There's not much interesting or illuminating about breaking that vote down. But there was a substantial disparity between how white women of different education levels voted and is interesting for anyone looking to be informed about society or voting behavior. Sometimes there isn't a liberal conspiracy lurking around every corner and the reality is much more banal.

Thank you!

Calling them non-college educated is entirely different than the media speak of uneducated.

That's not perception, uneducated is condescending. Electricians are educated, same with plumbers, mechanics, LEO, Firefighters, Paramedics, etc.

I never claimed, nor did I imply, that there was a conspiracy afoot, so please do not mischaracterize my post. The liberal media goes out of its way to make white liberals feel superior to obviously stupid, illiterate Republican voters. They do not so intentionally, they just cannot help themselves, and it hurts liberal candidates at the polls...and I am okay with that.

How educated are the disappointed Democrats who are vandalizing property over the election loss? I am watching one big basket of deplorables on TV right now.

Agree.

Did the supporters of the losing party take to the streets in protest in the days immediately after Obama won in 2008? If they did I don't remember it. Talk about sore losers! Jeez.

Maybe part of it is due to the shock effect of the win caught them completely off guard. I know I certainly didn't think Trump could pull it off. The odds of winning Wisconsin , Michigan , and Pennsylvania were long shots, but it happened. I switched back and forth from Fox, CNN, and MSNBC just to see the reaction of the news people in their election headquarters and they were in disbelief. Hillary supporters were too, but they can't let it go.

I never claimed, nor did I imply, that there was a conspiracy afoot, so please do not mischaracterize my post. The liberal media goes out of its way to make white liberals feel superior to obviously stupid, illiterate Republican voters. They do not so intentionally, they just cannot help themselves, and it hurts liberal candidates at the polls...and I am okay with that.

"The Media" goes out of its way to do whatever gets page views and ad buys during primetime. Anything else is purely incidental.