What Trump's Victory Tells Us About Women

rockmom

Maybe we should call them "post-secondary education deficient non-minority agricultural community residents."

Or we could call them "the forgotten people that have lost their manufacturing jobs or energy jobs and would rather have job, than a government handout."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to over complicate this. Non-college educated white means a white person who didn't complete college.

It is a demographic category like white men, white women, black men, black women, latinos, college and non-college educated in all those categories, etc. We all wear labels of who we are demographically.

There is no great conspiracy. Why is everything a conspiracy? Why is it always some liberal media campaign. It is who a group of people are. Very simple.

No need to over complicate this. Non-college educated white means a white person who didn't complete college.

It is a demographic category like white men, white women, black men, black women, latinos, college and non-college educated in all those categories, etc. We all wear labels of who we are demographically.

There is no great conspiracy. Why is everything a conspiracy? Why is it always some liberal media campaign. It is who a group of people are. Very simple.

VOR, IMHO, it is the condescending way in which the media uses the term. It's not just the use of the term, it is what is said in conjunction with the term.

I must have read a different article. The take aways for me were:

Women are not a "block". Therefore, there needs to be a shift in how women are courted politically. This election illustrates that in a glaring way. It's not an idictment of women who did or didn't vote for Trump.

But, please...let's carry on with the poor, misunderstood Trump supporter narrative. Let's not examine the interesting things that are rising.

@rockmom

I'll keep this thread on topic and avoid the proselytizing.

I'm disappointed in women and their support for HRC.

Clinton Couldn’t Win Over White Women | FiveThirtyEight

I'm not sure when we will have a woman president. That depresses me. :sorry:

considering women are more educated than men today. Maybe these millennials will get it.

Women always have to work harder and longer to achieve the same as men in the society.

It took Hillary 30 years to get to the top and her own gender undercut her for the things she had to do to get there with no commiseration at all.

On a side note I find it HILARIOUS that uneducated and no educated Trump supporters are offended by a term. I thought political correctness had to go. :lol:

Maybe they need a safe room. :lol:

Why do you say uneducated? Is college the only form of education you recognize? I'm not offended but you should know that they're not uneducated. They're the people that fix your cars, your HVAC, your appliances, they build houses, etc...

And why should women vote for Hillary? She's an awful candidate. Everyone I know that didn't vote for her would vote for a woman in a heart beat if she was a qualified candidate.

Also, I am a white woman. I have NO college degree. I grew up poor, and only recently have achieved middle class. I have straddled the poor/middle class and rural/urban delineations for a long time. It's why I try hard to examine and be aware of all the facets of an issue.

First, not seeing all the 'anti-women' vibes. Yes, Rosie is fat and there is the over the top frat/lockerroom/uberalphamale etc. private conversation. The 'sexual assault' issues seem to be gone and were apparently set-ups.

Many, many women who work with him speak positive of him.

That all said, I have seen or heard directly of the both sides of the woman's challenge - especially black women. There are black women who I have worked with who have the highest level of confidence and competency and I left our dealings saying - I would work for her any day. The flip side is I have heard how it is in at least a few factories in the rural south. Black women working there, at any level are not respected, they stay quite, they keep their heads looking down around white males and supervisors. So like a lot of things in this country there are wide ranges of where racial relations are.

BTW, there was a big first for women this election.

The first winning female presidential campaign manager:

Who Is Kellyanne Conway - 9 Facts About Donald Trump's New Campaign Manager

That seems to have been passed over a bit.

@rockmom

I'll keep this thread on topic and avoid the proselytizing.

I'm disappointed in women and their support for HRC.

Clinton Couldn’t Win Over White Women | FiveThirtyEight

I'm not sure when we will have a woman president. That depresses me. :sorry:

considering women are more educated than men today. Maybe these millennials will get it.

Women always have to work harder and longer to achieve the same as men in the society.

It took Hillary 30 years to get to the top and her own gender undercut her for the things she had to do to get there with no commiseration at all.

On a side note I find it HILARIOUS that uneducated and no educated Trump supporters are offended by a term. I thought political correctness had to go. :lol:

Maybe they need a safe room. :lol:

Depresses me as well. I wish the whole damn Congress was women---all 538 !!!!

VOR, IMHO, it is the condescending way in which the media uses the term. It's not just the use of the term, it is what is said in conjunction with the term.

Kind of like when liberals are painted as lazy, handout driven, sheep by conservatives (just to name a few). Both sides throw labels around, many of which are insensitive. It's kind of interesting to hear the crowd that is anti PC and constantly telling every to suck it up, get bent out of shape about this.

Why do you say uneducated? Is college the only form of education you recognize? I'm not offended but you should know that they're not uneducated. They're the people that fix your cars, your HVAC, your appliances, they build houses, etc...

And why should women vote for Hillary? She's an awful candidate. Everyone I know that didn't vote for her would vote for a woman in a heart beat if she was a qualified candidate.

Even with her flaws, she was eminently qualified. The fact that you or many others don't like her doesn't mean she lacked the qualifications.

What % of voters were the undeducated white voter? It sounds they may have been the swing vote versus years past, but I'm not sure it is a huge % of voters. I've yet to see a comprehensive review of who actually voted and of course we can't prove who they voted for as the pollsters all seem to be clueless.

Fine with me. Just having some fun with the non-PC crowd who are suddenly concerned about labels.
I just made a simple observation about how liberals apply the non-educated label to white voters but never seem concerned about the education level of black voters. As a white voter who supports candidates disparaged by the mainstream media, liberal candidates, and their pollsters, I am not bothered at all that liberals engage in this practice. Anything to turns potential voters against liberal candidates, I fully support.