11 Most Dangerous Places In KY - After Dark

Watusi

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The research is bad. I'd feel totally fine walking around at night in most of the towns on that list, but there are spots in CVG I wouldn't walk through at night if you paid me. I lived in Covington for 6 years and walked every bit of it. I kind of laughed at the list when Florence showed up on it (and they talked about it having an actual "city center" — like there's an actual Downtown Florence) and not Covington.

And the omission of Hillbilly Mecca — Lexington, that is — is a joke. Again, bad research. Like I'm more likely to get mugged in freakin' Versailles than Lex. The list compiler must've been a UK fan. :rolleyes:

I can't say that I know Frankfort too well, but it seemed pretty Mayberry tame and quiet when I was there, however with living my whole life in Covington, like you said, there are spots that I wouldn't walk through at night if you paid me. There's no way that Covington is safer than Frankfort.

As far as Lexington goes my experience is mostly limited to the downtown area when having attended the Sweet 16 at Rupp, and I found it to be safe and very friendly. Not venturing too far from that area, I really can't say otherwise.

Yeah. I have a couple clients who live there. there's parts that are pretty sketchy.

The part of Florence mentioned as most dangerous included Mall Rd, and across the interstate around the Dream St. area. That area made the news last year or so when druggies were confronted in the hotel and started to shoot the place up. They have closed down a couple of those cheap hotels that seemed to get the most police calls.

The part of Florence mentioned as most dangerous included Mall Rd, and across the interstate around the Dream St. area. That area made the news last year or so when druggies were confronted in the hotel and started to shoot the place up. They have closed down a couple of those cheap hotels that seemed to get the most police calls.

That would be the area I was discussing.

I can't say that I know Frankfort too well, but it seemed pretty Mayberry tame and quiet when I was there, however with living my whole life in Covington, like you said, there are spots that I wouldn't walk through at night if you paid me. There's no way that Covington is safer than Frankfort.

As far as Lexington goes my experience is mostly limited to the downtown area when having attended the Sweet 16 at Rupp, and I found it to be safe and very friendly. Not venturing too far from that area, I really can't say otherwise.

I can't think of one place in Frankfort that if my car broke down I shouldn't be able to walk out safely. Now, there definitely are a couple of spots that I would hope my car wouldn't break down in and I might have to be more vigilant, and the possibility that something could happen to you is probably a little higher, but it definitely isn't the southside of Chicago by any stretch and whoever came up with this ranking system evidently used some very strange criteria and got some weird data.

I'm risking my life every day coming to work here in Ashland just to save lives. :no::no::no:

It got too scary for @spindoc, and he bailed on @Ram and me.

Ram should be careful down there in the Raceland/Worthington area too with the recent news of how much pot has been flown into that area lol.

Florence?

Yeah. I have a couple clients who live there. there's parts that are pretty sketchy.

Doesn't surprise me at all RP.

Lots going on in Florence, the Interstate runs through town and the city is probably half renters and/or apartments/extended stay, not that there is anything wrong with renters. Just sayin'

Doesn't surprise me at all RP.

Lots going on in Florence, the Interstate runs through town and the city is probably half renters and/or apartments/extended stay, not that there is anything wrong with renters. Just sayin'

When I was a kid growing up in the gritty city, embarrassed by my neighborhood, I envied the cleanliness and newness of the suburbs, and Florence always seemed like all the rage with the newness of the Mall, and all of the development.

Time passed and after seeing examples of old city restoration, and growing to really appreciate old classic architecture, eventually the newness of the suburbs wore off on me to the point that it started looking generic and sterile.

Around this time the song "Subdivisions" by Rush seemed to really parallel what I was beginning to think about what it might've been like being raised in the suburbs.

The city certainly had it's pros and cons, and I suppose that the suburbs did as well.

Now that Florence isn't so new anymore it seems to have attracted an altogether different demographic of people that if I went on to say much more it would probably be classified as sounding rather insulting. At the risk of sounding like a big snob, some of Florence's undesirables seem to closely resemble the type of undesirables that I've grown up around my whole life in Covington.

Whereas when I was a kid I thought that it might've been fun to have been raised in Florence, but now if I lived there I'd probably just beg someone to shoot me to put me out of my misery.

It seems so crowded now, and no doubt city driving isn't always a picnic, driving through Florence to me now feels like a nightmare when years ago it seemed like such an exciting big deal. Now it just drives me to complete utter boredom and aggravation.

I can't think of one place in Frankfort that if my car broke down I shouldn't be able to walk out safely. Now, there definitely are a couple of spots that I would hope my car wouldn't break down in and I might have to be more vigilant, and the possibility that something could happen to you is probably a little higher, but it definitely isn't the southside of Chicago by any stretch and whoever came up with this ranking system evidently used some very strange criteria and got some weird data.

Holmes St. in Frankfort is really about the only area I'd be concerned about, or some of the downtown streets near the Capitol.