Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

The hate is real dang

I definitely do not hate the guy and really think he is an awesome person. I am not a big religious guy but that doesn't bother me at all. The guy has been the real deal throughout his life and has been a model citizen and a great role model.

I just don't think he was very good as an NFL qb and he is pretty bad as a baseball player. I think the Mets are just using him for marketing purposes, which is ok also, as long as TT realizes it too.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had a home run in his first minor league game this season. It was all downhill after that. I wonder if the pitcher offered him up meat balls like the other one confessed to doing. Gator fans are funny like that sometimes.

I'd say that too if Tebow hit one off me...

And I'm not sure Tebow even realizes he's being used as a money maker

If he doesn't, all he has to do is look around and see how many other almost, recently promoted 30 year olds there are in middle A ball.

lol you can see it, I can see it. However, he probably just thinks it part of the process.

Even if he does realize it, why would it matter? Would you care if someone told you that you could get paid to play baseball but it's just for them to make money off you?

In his eyes even if he knows, it gives him a chance to play and try to get better.

Only negative is a player that actually deserves a promotion doesn't get it because of Tebow.

That's what I really hate about it. These dude out there in low A are grinding hard for a chance and this bum get promoted for hitting .220 and striking out 35% of the time.

I don't hate Tebow nor do I blame him for trying since someone was willing.

Even if he does realize it, why would it matter? Would you care if someone told you that you could get paid to play baseball but it's just for them to make money off you?

In his eyes even if he knows, it gives him a chance to play and try to get better.

Not blaming him or mad at him at all. Once again, my only point has been for all the blind, hardcore Tebiw supporters that believe Tebows beliefs have kept him from getting opportunities. I still contend that Tebiw has gotten way more chances than others who have had much more talent. But again, good for him.

Only negative is a player that actually deserves a promotion doesn't get it because of Tebow.

If there is some kid that deserves to be brought up, they will be brought up. Tebow has no impact on that. No team is going to let a kid rot on the vine and not bring him up if he's ready. There are always players at the next level not cutting it that are getting to hang around because there is no one behind them ready to be called up. Once a player is ready there is ALWAYS someone ahead of them that's ready to be demoted.

If there is some kid that deserves to be brought up, they will be brought up. Tebow has no impact on that. No team is going to let a kid rot on the vine and not bring him up if he's ready. There are always players at the next level not cutting it that are getting to hang around because there is no one behind them ready to be called up. Once a player is ready there is ALWAYS someone ahead of them that's ready to be demoted.

So, your theory is if they bring Tebow to the majors next week, he didn't get a chance over someone else? There is no one good enough in the Mets minor leagues to make the next step, so let's just bring Tebow up. Or is there a level, where he is not getting an opportunity over someone else?