Tim Tebow to Try Professional Baseball

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NYPost_Mets Mets have discussed promoting Tim Tebow within the minors, but will likely wait until midseason. He's hitting .327 over his last 16 games.

We still trashing him or nah?

He's on a nice run and I think it makes sense to see how he does against higher level pitching. They've got figure out if he can play sooner than later. I'm still not convinced he's a major league hitter and by all accounts he leaves a lot to be desired defensively. Still, he's done better than 99.9% of the world. He may never make it, but There aren't many that could have done what he's done.

While I also don't think he will ever make it. Let's not forget he hasn't played baseball in what over 8 years before last year. Most of us no matter how good of a baseball player we were in high school. Would be able to pick up a bat and hit for average against average to good high school pitching. Much less a pitcher in A ball.

I think what he is doing this year is very impressive. You would think he would get better with the more experience he gets. It doesn't mean he will ever make it. But it's still impressive.

• 1 month later...